cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New

WHY IS MY CNAME RECORD ADDED/LISTED TWICE????

Hello guys

I have a Mailchimp account, and one of the requirement is to verify my email and have my domain authenticated. I am already done with the verification of the email, but here is the real problem:

One of the requirement of having domain authentication is to make DNS changes by creating a CNAME and TXT record in GoDaddy. I am already done with this which I waited for 48 hour. The problem is until now it said the CNAME record is not FOUND. I contacted the Mailchimp, and they told me my CNAME record is ADDED TWICE. WHAT?????? Here is the screenshot below as a proof sent by Mailchimp. For the record, the CNAME is supposed to be  k1._domainkey.stop-diabetes-type-2.com NOT k1._domainkey.stop-diabetes-type-2.com.stop-diabetes-type-2.com 

I have attached my screenshot of GoDaddy DNS Record and everything seems well regarding the CNAME record. I followed the instruction faithfully which I typed k1._domainkey.stop-diabetes-type-2.com  NOT k1._domainkey.stop-diabetes-type-2.com.stop-diabetes-type-2.com and yet the mailchimp support said the CNAME record is added twice with the host name k1._domainkey.stop-diabetes-type-2.com.stop-diabetes-type-2.com.

How is this possible? Can anyone please have it changed???? I appreciate if the moderator or any support team can change my CNAME record host name from k1._domainkey.stop-diabetes-type-2.com.stop-diabetes-type-2.com TO k1._domainkey.stop-diabetes-type-2.com so that it can be updated in the DNS Record.  It is really frustrating.

Thank you

Saif

MY DNS RECORD

file.png

filw.png

Screenshot of MAILCHIMP Domain authentication

Mailchimp Domain Authentication.png

Actual DNS Record based on Mailchimp

screenshot.png