cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Want to Redirect But Can't Find the URL Redirects in Settings

I'm trying to send people to a different site, while I work on creating a new one here, but when I try to follow the instructions:

• Click Web Hosting.
  • Next to the account you want to use, click Manage.
  • From the Settings menu, select URL Redirects.
  • Click the New Redirect button.

I get to the Manage page, click the Settings menu, but there is no URL Redirects Option shown, so what do I do now?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Want to Redirect But Can't Find the URL Redirects in Settings

Hello  

1. Log in to your GoDaddy account.
  2. Click Web Hosting.
  3. Next to the account you want to use, click Manage.
  4. From the Settings menu, select URL Redirects.
  5. Click the New Redirect button.
  6. Enter the domain from your account you want to redirect. If you want to redirect all of the domains in your hosting account, check the All domains on this account. Otherwise, enter the directories containing the sites you want to redirect in the Path field.
  7. Select whether or not you want all instances of your site with or without www.
  8. Click Next.
  9. Select if the destination site is http or https and enter the domain name you want to redirect to, as well as the path, if applicable. If the path box is left blank, it will redirect to the root of the domain you entered.
  10. Click Next. The Type window appears.
  11. Select which kind of redirect you want to use.
  12. Select your content redirect option. This option decides the behavior of your Site Redirect when a visitor goes to a content path of your domain name, such as http://coolexample.com/path.

Your domain will now be redirected with the options you selected. The redirect can take up to 24 hours to be completed. If you want to change or delete your redirect, simply select the redirect and click Edit or Delete in the toolbar.

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.

Hello ,

Thank you for your comment, but if you read my initial post, I already know this, and wrote it in the post. My issue, is that when I do click the Settings menu, there is no option that says "URL Redirects", so, I cannot complete the process, thus, my dilemma.
I just tried it again, and now, when I click on Manage, this error message is all that comes up,

400 Bad request

Your browser sent an invalid request. 

Try it again, click on manage, then the settings menu, and it's just not on there, no URL Directs anywhere to be found, as you can see below:

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 3.42.30 AM.jpg

Solution

Hi @StevenCee,

Thanks for the additional information of your domain. Your nameservers indicate that you are using one of our older hosting plans. The instructions you've been provided are correct, but you will need to look for the "Settings" in a different spot on the older plan. 

When you access the hosting panel, look in the right pane for the icon that reads "Settings" (under the larger "Options & Setings" head). In the settings area, you'll see an icon that reads "URL Directs". Clicking that will provide a new screen that will allow you to set up a "New Redirect" as per these instructions

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support