cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We can't display your DNS information because your nameservers aren't managed by us.

I found a few other treads with this error, but my issue isn't the same (I believe)

My domain was originally hosted by webhost4life. I just transferred it from there to Godaddy. Now I have my Domain Registration and email through Godaddy.

Now that being the case, why am I getting this error?

Vin

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: We can't display your DNS information because your nameservers aren't managed by us.

Hi @Vinster411,

When doing a whois, what info comes back as regards hosting?

Re: We can't display your DNS information because your nameservers aren't managed by us.

Hi @Vinster411

Welcome to our forums. When you transfer your domain name you are given the option to keep the name servers the same during the transfer period, which sounds like occurred in this situation. If you are wanting to edit your DNS with us you will need to update your nameservers to default. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

@rammsteinium wrote:

Hi @Vinster411,

When doing a whois, what info comes back as regards hosting?

can't seem to find that information from any of the whois sites including Godaddy's. Smiley Sad

Vin

@charminglygeeky wrote:

Hi @Vinster411

Welcome to our forums. When you transfer your domain name you are given the option to keep the name servers the same during the transfer period, which sounds like occurred in this situation. If you are wanting to edit your DNS with us you will need to update your nameservers to default. 

I don't recall such an option. how do I resolve this? my account with Webhost4life expires on Feb 11th, I want to make sure nothing is left behind and that everything is moved over to here.

Vin

I'm still having this issue, I think I may have found the setting. (Some reason I can't attach a screenshot)

but if I click on "Manage DNS" and in there I see the nameservers and they are set to custom with my original servers at Webhost4life.

I should change Custom to Default?

How long does it take for this setting change to take effect?

Vin

If my hosting is at HostGator and Registration is at GoDaddy, how can I change name servers to GoDaddy and continue to get my websites ?

I was able to keep hostgator name servers and GoDaddy domain management before sometime. If I change to godaddy default name servers, people will not be able to see my website on hostgator.

Should I move to other registrars to get DNS management facility ?