cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Web address doesn't show up in Google. What am I doing wrong?

I am currently on the one month free trial on my new web page. I've tried typing in the domain name into google but it doesn't come up. Why is this and what am I doing wrong please.

5 REPLIES 5
Solution

Re: Web address

Hi @Steptoes, thanks for posting.

Google takes some time to find and cache new information and websites. It can sometimes take several weeks for Google to update with new sites.

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status
New

I have had my domain for several months. It does not show up when entered into either Google or Bing. The only way it can be accessed is if I send the link via email, text or Messenger. What's up with that?! 

Hi @nuyork,

Welcome to the community!

You will need to do two things to make your URL show in a search. First, you will need to optimize your website for search engine indexing. This will mean creating the correct tags within your html headers. Then you will also need to submit your URL to the search engines so they can scan your site for future listings. Showing up in Google or Bing doesn't usually happen without some Search Engine Optimization on your part. While we sell several products to help with this, some of the work can be done on your own. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
New

I'm not talking about entering a generic search word and expecting my site to appear. I'm talking about actually entering the website name. Everything but my site comes up. Now on one of the search engines, for some strange reason, the site that mine defaults to did come up. But, since my customers aren't looking for that site name, they're not going to click on it. 

Re: Web address doesnt pull in search engines despite choosing upgrade not worth $20/month if doesnt