Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
TinaSab
New

Website not showing when I search by my domain name..?

Hi 

I've published pages on my website, and can view it on Wordpress fine when I hit 'view site'. But when I do a search for my site using my domain name (www.fitfoodbites.com) (so that I can see what happens when other people search it) it shows up the generic Wordpress 'Hello World' blog page. It only shows my website if I add /blog/ on to the end of my domain name. 

Could it be to do with me deleting the pre-set Home page (because it wouldn't let me add links to the buttons)? 

I think it might be something really simple but I'm a complete novice, so if anyone can instruct me in the simplest terms I'd be very grateful!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
eVersatile
Helper I

Seems like it may be a permalink issue.

Go to 'Settings > General' and be sure /blog/ is not added at the end of the domain. Even if it's not, re save the settings.

Then, update the permalinks to default then again to anything other than default.

Delete the .htaccess file and push 'F5' on the hompage

~ eVersatile

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
eVersatile
Helper I

Seems like it may be a permalink issue.

Go to 'Settings > General' and be sure /blog/ is not added at the end of the domain. Even if it's not, re save the settings.

Then, update the permalinks to default then again to anything other than default.

Delete the .htaccess file and push 'F5' on the hompage

~ eVersatile

View solution in original post

or maybe you can try to register your domain o googlemaster so that it will seachable on google site.