cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website showing as parked domain

I recently purchased my domain name www.curedepression.co.uk.  I have made all the necessary changes to the DNS record with the two CNAMEs from Blogger and put in the 4 IP addresses, but instead of redirecting to my blog site, it simply brings up a page saying "This Web page is parked FREE, courtesy of GoDaddy.com".

How do I change this?  Many thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Employee
Employee

Re: Website showing as parked domain

Hello @CureDep01!

Welcome to GoDaddy and thank you for posting! When you make changes to the DNS of your domain, it can take 24-48 hours for those changes to be visible on the web. Right now, I see that your domain is pointing to your blogger site. If you're not seeing this, clear your browser's cache and cookies and retry. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Solving this problem is so easy especially if you are using Blogger. I don't know why Blogger does not forward your domain.com to your www.domain.com automatically when you tick that option from blogger. 

I tried to contact Godday support and they told me it takes up to 48 hours to effect. I waited for three days and that did not happen. I was told to delink my domain.com from Blogger and relink it once more. Wait for 48 hours and see if that happens. That did not happen. 

Saw a video on YouTube and all you have to do is open your doman.com management settings on Godday and head over to Forwarding at the bottom of the page. From there,  ADD FORWARDING TO, type in your domain.com with www.domain.com (you have to include the www in front of your domain.com under forwarding).

Remember to tick "Update my nameservers and DNS settings to support this change."

Save then wait for 5 - 10 minutes and you good to go!

@deewinc Did you actually try it? And it worked? This parked domain thing has me uneasy and I'm ready to give the forwarding option a go.

Yes @blessednelly! It works like a charm. Though I have stopped hosting my domain here. Support is poor.