cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the Domain Manager UI?

Is there any way I can get back to the classic Domain Manager UI?

I really don't like the new one.

15 REPLIES

Re: What happened to the Domain Manager UI?

Hello @feralfruitfreak!

Thank you for posting. We appreciate the feedback on our new Domain Manager. There's no way to change back to the old layout since this is the layout we're using now. Sorry about that. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Thanks for your reply, Heather.

Well... you had an excellent interface, and one that helped form my opinion of GoDaddy being the top registrar in the known universe.  Now you have a thumbs-down, dumbed-down interface – maybe good for relative beginners, but not for experienced users, users with lots of domains, power users (there are many of us).  Please, please reconsider bringing back that UI as an option, even if people have to call tech support to get it activated.  I'm a web designer and manager over 50 domains for my clients.  I've been in IT since 1982.

ljknechtel
Novice

Fully agree. Been using GoDaddy for better part of 10 years and have seen a lot of UIs but this one isn't just annoying, it's inhibiting. Way too salesy and takes far too many clicks to get to where I want to go. As soon as you log in, you should be presented with one-click options for getting to email/domain/hosting management, but instead it now takes about 4 clicks. In the meantime, GoDaddy sells, sells, sells. The Overview page isn't an overview of my services but an overview of the services I can buy. Get rid of it. Please.

And now the UI is just failing with basic operations, like view the domain details or the DNS.  Holy sh** Godaddy, dump this P.O.S.  My opinion of GoDaddy is dropping like a planet-killing asteroid.

We apologize for this inconvenience, but an error has been detected.

The details of the error have been recorded.  We will investigate the matter and take appropriate action.  If you need immediate assistance, please contact our customer support department.

Thank You.

Yeah this is total junk... the old one was a large reason why i stayed with godaddy for so long, made it easy to see what was going on with everything.

BeverlyKT
Novice

This new domain interface is horrible, especially for people with many domains. It looks like it was designed for people who only have a few domains and don't do anything, not even forwarding.
It's so bad that it needs to be replaced with something usable ASAP.
Otherwise, GoDaddy will find that people who buy many domains will go elsewhere.
BeverlyKT
Novice

This software doesn't work well on an iPhone either.

How can we best give input? Will this input go to someone?
br14nh
Novice

I only have a few domains, am not a power user and I also think  the interface sucks big time.  For heaven's sake, are these changes "tested" on users before they are implemented, or does some wizard wake up with an idea and just implements it without any consultation?? 

PLEASE - bring back a user friendly interface ASAP.....

PL
Novice

Whose idea was it to do away with such a good management tool as the previous Domain Manager UI?

In the past it was a pleasure to see all my domains on one page with pertinent details. The new design is a game changer for the worst. I hope someone will open their eyes to the fact that some things are good without change.

Please make the change back, or maybe you are just looking for NEW customers.

umeding
Novice

Please bring back the functionality of the old domain manager. The new system is very frustrating and total junk when you have even a moderate number of records. So much clicking before you locate a record; there is no good overview any more. 

Just my 2cents.

ByeByeGD
Novice

I was SHOCKED when I saw the new UI. It is completely useless... I can't do anything I used to do and actually NEEDED. I can't even order my domains by expiration date... this is complete junk, an insult to customers with a large number of domains. It seems like GoDaddy is trying to scare away their larger customers. I sent 3 messages to my "premium" account manager (one was assigned to me as I have hundreds of domains) in the last 3 months and never received a reply.

GoDaddy is going down the drain, but I guess they don't care, it is just a cash cow for their owners due to the huge number of auto renewed domains registered with them. They are more concerned with building a sales machine that works like a cheesy insurance sales man (get this other domain, get privacy, get this crap and that crap, it's only 1.99 now and $100 to renew every year thereafter, you can never have enough domains, add this great "matching domain" cars.swisscheese to your cars.com domain for only $200 per year...)

I am starting to look for another registrar to switch to that cares.

ByeByeGD
Novice

LOL. I tried to post another message and it failed. I tried to upload an image, and that failed too :-)

Way to go GoDaddy! An IT company that has no clue how to create a website!

This is what I tried to upload:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jw2u7mydwdwt4o4/DM.jpg?dl=0

Plus I just took a screen shot of a random error message that popped up while I was typing:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7f1kv10yb83zpm/GD.jpg?dl=0

Hi @ByeByeGD

For any of you in this thread struggling with the latest change (and change is hard if you are used to the older format), there is a work-around that may help you adjust. If you look in the far upper right corner over the "bars of domains", you will see a grey icon with lines that will take most users back to the list view. Hope this helps some of you out!

TLH

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
ByeByeGD
Novice

TLH wrote:

Hi @ByeByeGD

For any of you in this thread struggling with the latest change (and change is hard if you are used to the older format), there is a work-around that may help you adjust. If you look in the far upper right corner over the "bars of domains", you will see a grey icon with lines that will take most users back to the list view. Hope this helps some of you out!

TLH

"Change is hard....?" Amusingly patronizing comment... I'm a veteran business owner and change is a regular part of my life and I have no problem with it. What IS hard, is when a service provider takes a product you pay thousands of dollars to use each year and turns it into a piece of sh@t making it impossible to manage your domains. Now THAT is tough my friend, not "change".

ByeByeGD
Novice

OMG - a "Manage All" link showed up on top of the absolutely useless joke of "domain manager"... and it takes me to the original (let's not call it "old" and degrade it, it is a Rolls Royce compared to this new abomination!) so for now, I'm staying with GoDaddy with my two accounts and almost 200 domains... BUT ONLY AS LONG AS I HAVE ACCESS TO THE ORIGINAL DOMAIN MANAGER.

If this has been added back because GoDaddy is actually listening, then THANK YOU.