cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Whois History for Expired Domain

Hi, I had a domain registered from 2011 but recently my domain was not renewed hence got expired and got removed from my account. 

After while, i registered the domain again (Did not go to retrieve via Recover Domain because i had to pay Redemption Fee which was too much, just registered as new since it was cheaper). But now in the whois history it shows my domain was registered from 2017. Even though i owned this domain from 2011, it now shows as a newly registered domain. Can this happen or is it an error? Please advise me. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Whois History for Expired Domain

@DharshanaZ wrote:

Hi, I had a domain registered from 2011 but recently my domain was not renewed hence got expired and got removed from my account. 

After while, i registered the domain again (Did not go to retrieve via Recover Domain because i had to pay Redemption Fee which was too much, just registered as new since it was cheaper). But now in the whois history it shows my domain was registered from 2017. Even though i owned this domain from 2011, it now shows as a newly registered domain. Can this happen or is it an error? Please advise me. Thanks.

@DharshanaZ The registration date is just that, the date the domain was registered. It doesn't matter that you owned it before or that anyone owned it before, once the domain name is deleted from the registry all of that information is also erased. 

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I