cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
illuminos
Novice

Why cancelled domain registration is still not available?

I had registered a domian name with godaddy and found you guys don't have the service I needed so I cancelled and requested a refund. After that, the domian still listed as registered. For other registrar like namesilo.com, after canceling the registration, the domain name almost immediately available! Are you guys holding back the domain for others to bid or what???

3 REPLIES
GoDaddy Pro Artisan
GoDaddy Pro Artisan

Re: Why cancelled domain registration is still not available?

As per me domain's are non-refundable according to ICAN Policy. If you've canceled and even after 24 hrs you can still find it then contact Godaddy !

Please give it a +1 and also click "Mark As Accepted Solution" if you find it satisfactory. Thanking You With Regards | Harry Parmar
illuminos
Novice

But I got refund email and my domain is gone from my account. So, who is holding my domain now?

Highlighted
mrgeo
Novice

godaddy holds domains hostage if you try to transfer or cancel them. I did the same thing and it warned me that it would be immediately available for others to take.

When I went to register at another registrar, it showed as still registered. Even after my registration was cancelled AND expired, it still shows as registered. I contacted godaddy and they said they keep a lock for a minimum of 18 days in case I want to come back and get it again. When I said I will not, please release it, they said "i'm sorry, we don't have any control over that."