cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Why is my domain name I got from GoDaddy always saying site cannot be reached?

Why is my domain name I got from GoDaddy always saying site can not be reached, took too long. And adsense can not find the site says it's empty, what's is happening!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Domain error

Hi @Henry7,

Welcome to the Community!

It's difficult to say for sure what's happening in your situation without more information. If you'd like to continue seeking help here, please post a reply with the domain name and where you are hosting it. If you're hosting at GoDaddy, let us know what hosting plan you're using. These details will help the Community - help you. 

And of course, GoDaddy customer support is available 24/7 at one of the numbers below.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
New

It's been used at blogger, am not hosting it yet. I just turned off the domain options from my blogger dashboard. The domain is www.angelhenry.com must I host a domain when using it with blogger ?

Hi @Henry7,

You can definitely still use the domain at Blogger, but will need to update the DNS on the domain in order to properly direct it to that hosting. These instructions from Google will show you what you need to do in the GoDaddy account.

1. Go to your GoDaddy Domain Manager and access that domain's DNS.
  2. Create 4 A Records - all have a "Host" name of "@" (no quotes) and points to the following:
  3. Create a new CNAME entry.
  4. Enter the subdomain name, for example, "www".
  5. Type in the HOST name "ghs.googlehosted.com". This will point your URL to your Google site.
  6. Create a forwarding command below the DNS listings in this GoDaddy account
  7. Forward your domain to itself. For example, yourdomain.com should be forwarded to http://yourdomain.com. (Do not choose masking for this forward.)
  8. This should create a forwarding IP address in the A record of the DNS.

Complete the setup at Goggle: https://support.google.com/sites/answer/9068867?hl=en

If you no longer want to host the domain, you can change the nameservers on the domain to "default" here. 

The domain will then resolve to a parked GoDaddy page (not an error like it does now).

New

Re: Domain error/?isc=gdcommment

I have done that, it's not working.

Hi @Henry7,

When you say "I've done that", what action have you taken?

What is your domain name? Where are you hosting the domain?

I added Came as instructed from blogger support using www pointing to ghs.google.com and also the long line of code. Buy each time I go to to the address www.angelhenry.com from a network provider it says too many redirect and site not reachable etc. Sometimes it opens on wireless internet connection. How do Get this done? It seems to be an error from hosting what do you think? Perhaps the blogger IP address cannot work properly with GoDaddy servers?
Solution

Hi @Henry7,

We have many customers with their domains at GoDaddy directing successfully to Blogger. The domain is not affected by our servers, as you are not hosted here. In fact, it appears that your website is now intermittently resolving to your Blogger site. However, an external DNS lookup shows that you are only resolving through a forward command, not by the Blogger requirements to achieve consistent resolution.

(1) You have a URL in the "Name" field... an A record that does not belong, is not functional. (remove that record)

(2) You have not added the 4 A Records as required by Blogger. (as shown in previous post)

(3) With these settings, your domain should forward to just your domain (not the blogger address).

(4) This works when you complete the setup at Blogger for the domain. 
https://support.google.com/sites/answer/9068867?hl=en