cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Why value is "Proxied" in DNS record type A and name @?

I bought my domain named "shwezeegwat.com" with protected privacy option. Usually whenever I get new domain name, I used to change value of type A and name @ to my server IP address, everything was OK. But in this time, I can't change value of A record. Please help me. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Thawdar,

You cannot update the A record on a domain that is not in an active status. It appears that you have cancelled the domain registration. If you wish to make the domain active again, you may use the instructions here: https://godaddy.com/help/recovering-canceled-domain-names-6646?

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Team
Community Team

As long as you are using GoDaddy nameservers with the domain, you should have the ability to edit your domain name A record.  If you're using our nameservers, but you can't make that particular update, please contact our live support teams so we can investigate this further.  Thanks.  

Hi @Thawdar,

You cannot update the A record on a domain that is not in an active status. It appears that you have cancelled the domain registration. If you wish to make the domain active again, you may use the instructions here: https://godaddy.com/help/recovering-canceled-domain-names-6646?

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

same problem i self host on iis windows 2016 server only srtarted when i started messing with tech answer to security ie ssl certification which is a con to get people to buy certification files which if anyone wanted to scam anyone would simpley create or buy  on so what the friggin point of locking down the internet via a certification systenm and make it harder for the little guy to start off like the 2 google founder did years ago but but they forget that crap godady please fix this issue with your system or my blACK WHITE AND RED IS GOING ON

@TLH wrote:

Hi @Thawdar,

same problem i self host on iis windows 2016 server only srtarted when i started messing with tech answer to security ie ssl certification which is a con to get people to buy certification files which if anyone wanted to scam anyone would simpley create or buy  on so what the friggin point of locking down the internet via a certification systenm and make it harder for the little guy to start off like the 2 google founder did years ago but but they forget that crap godady please fix this issue with your system or my blACK WHITE AND RED IS GOING ON