cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Woocommerce multisite mask forwarding subdomain mobile view issue

I have issues regarding Woocommerce multisite mobile veiw and redirect issue. With wordpress woocommerce plugin and storefront theme here are the details-

website1 on domain www.domain.com website2 on subdomain abc.domain.com

These are hosted on godaddy.

Another domain www.domain1.com hosted on godaddy.

I am trying to mask forward www.domain1.com to subdomain abc.domain.com

In mobile view I see Desktop View. Tried editing site url at wp_site and wp_options tables in database. Didn't work. I need masking redirect. Directory Path public_html/domain/abc.domain.com/wordpress files. Infact when i inspect on desktop in mobile view its fine but later checked on mobile which showed desktop view

11 REPLIES 11
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Re: Woocommerce multisite mask forwarding subdomain mobile view issue

Don't use masking, instead add the domain to your hosting account.

Thats ok.But due to certain reasons would like to keep it that way.Any  solution that please

Super User III

Masking is the cause of the problem, the only solution is to remove masking.  It relies on obsolete code which does not play nice with modern websites and browsers.

so you mean i should merge two accounts.then what steps you suggest to point domain1.com to abc.domain.com which can be viewed on desktop mobile view

Super User III
Solution

Pointing a domain is independent from it's registration.  It's not required for them to be in the same account, but you can move it if you wish.

(optional) https://www.godaddy.com/help/move-my-domain-to-another-godaddy-account-822

In the hosting settings you'll need to add the domain, and get the appropriate IP address.  Then in the domain settings make sure to turn off forwarding so you can edit the DNS, there you'll want to edit the A record for host @ to point to the IP address for your hosting.  Here is a rundown on hosting multiple websites.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/hosting-multiple-websites-on-your-hosting-account-5399

A record for bare domain (yourdomain.com)

Type: A

Host/name: @

Points to/value: [hosting IP address]

Its not clear to me in relation what i asked.i need mobile view of my site as explained in my question  and cant find ip address of subdomain?

Super User III

From the description I believe your question is about masking interfering with the mobile view of your website.  If that is the case the only way to resolve it is to remove masking.  Let me know if I am missing something, you can also post the actual URLs to illustrate.

replRe: Woocommerce multisite mask forwarding subdomain mobile view issue

Thanks for your reply.But i don't want to reveal my subdomain of different site.Masking help me to mask url.So,i need solution for that only.

Super User III

Re: replRe: Woocommerce multisite mask forwarding subdomain mobile view issue

If you add the domain to your hosting account you wouldn't need masking.

Highlighted

Dear Nate,

As asked above  i need to direct subdomain to hosting which already has a domain primary domain added to it.in account of email mpf2@rediffmail.com

Thanks

Super User III

Keeps DomainCompliant with modern standards
Masking✔️
301/302 redirect✔️
Point domain✔️✔️