Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Zone Import to Template

Hello,

My team and I are about to totally rescope our entire DNS scheme for multiple domains. (New IP subnet) I would like to use the Template system to flip between current production, testing and future production. however there doesn't seem to be a good way to import a zone file to a template without going through the current config. I don't want to mess with production until it's necessary.

Is there a trick i'm missing or is this a feature that doesn't exist? yet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jpablo
Helper VI

Hi @eddiephoenix, I haven't noticed it, but you are right. You can't upload a DNS zonefile for a template.

Here's what you can do. You can go to your DNS template manager, and create new zones, which can be applied later to your domains. However, I can't find an option to upload a zonefile, so I guess the creation of the zone it should be done manually.

Hope it helps!

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo 🙂
And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution 😄

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jpablo
Helper VI

Hi @eddiephoenix, I haven't noticed it, but you are right. You can't upload a DNS zonefile for a template.

Here's what you can do. You can go to your DNS template manager, and create new zones, which can be applied later to your domains. However, I can't find an option to upload a zonefile, so I guess the creation of the zone it should be done manually.

Hope it helps!

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo 🙂
And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution 😄

View solution in original post