Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, August 4th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
sandrab1
New

buying 4 domains..do I need privacy option at checkout added on for each domain or just once

Hi there...excuse my ignorance first up. I am buying 4 domains and at checkout it asks if I want the privacy option...also Search Engine visibility.
I am getting hosting elsewhere.

do I need to include the privacy option for EACH domain? ie about $7 each time. or is just one purchase of this option suffice.
Also, is search engine visibility (again for each domain?) something I would buy here if I am getting hosted elsewhere?

thanks very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jpablo
Helper VI

@sandrab1 both are per domain.

If you have 4 domains, then you pay 4 times the privacy.

The same with visibility (it's independent of hosting provider, however it doesn't make you rank #1 on Google).

Hope it helps!

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo 🙂
And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution 😄

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jpablo
Helper VI

@sandrab1 both are per domain.

If you have 4 domains, then you pay 4 times the privacy.

The same with visibility (it's independent of hosting provider, however it doesn't make you rank #1 on Google).

Hope it helps!

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo 🙂
And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution 😄

View solution in original post

yes it does and thanks! I will get the privacy but might sort the visibility thing out elsewhere. Thanks again

actually it seems .com.au doesn't come up on checkout with privacy... just for .com