Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
hanif
New

change NS and MX record, CNAME record

Hi,

I want to change name server of my domain to my host provider and also use MX to use email with another service like Zoho but when i want to add MX record or CNAME record i have to change NS to Godaddy default NS and it will discount the domain to my host, 

Can anyone help me with this,

Thank,s

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @amoredance and @sulphur1010

Check out these instructions on how to delete a DNS record. You can also change an MX record without having to remove the existing one. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
T-3D
Former Employee

Greetings @hanif and welcome. It sounds like you are setting custom nameservers (third party) so you need to be sure you elect this option or it will keep you in the GoDaddy DNS "family". Check out this link for info on how to elect and set this up:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/set-custom-nameservers-for-domains-registered-with-godaddy-12317

Best regards,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

I also have the same problem. The custom nameservers are set. The question is how do I now add MX records to point the mail to zoho.com?

Hello @cr14052!

Thank you for posting! You would update your MX records wherever your hosting is. When you point your domain with nameservers, the DNS is managed wherever you're pointing to.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

can I add up third party NS together under my default? total to 4 servers now... will it works?

Please I cant delete smtp.secureserver.net MX record under a domain registered with Godaddy

I am having the same issue.. does anyone have any ideas how to delete this record?  I want to use gmail for my email but its not letting me delete or edit this priority 0 record.

Hi @amoredance and @sulphur1010

Check out these instructions on how to delete a DNS record. You can also change an MX record without having to remove the existing one. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

View solution in original post