Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to conect the domain to MINECRAFT

i have a domain but i dont know how to conect my minespan account to it

this is the ip s18.minespan.com:port

it tells me i have to put numbers in there but they dont give me numbers they only give me that ip!

PLEASE HELP WHAT DO I DO!

17 REPLIES 17
bigjep
New

Hello,

I am trying to use my website domain to be the same as my minecraft domain. However, when I accomplish this, on certain hours of the day, the domain does not work to connect to my the dedicated minecraft server. Are there any ways I can fix this?

rd
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Have you double checked your configuration to make sure that it is properly pointed? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

The TTL is too high set it to 1/2 hour or 1 hour

GaryA

Hi Bluepython271.

If your provider give you a hostname instead of an IP address, you'll want to use a CNAME instead of an A Record.

Also keep in mind that ports cannot be set in DNS records. Once the DNS gets setup, your visitors would need to use yourdomain.tld: port.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status
Dwson
New

The domain won't connect its like th server is down but its not down

I'm not sure precisely what issue you are experiencing.  Are you running a Minecraft server on a GoDaddy hosted server?

If you're having trouble with Minecraft's servers, I'm afraid there's not much anyone here can do.

Hey @Dwson!

Thank you for participating in our community! It's hard to say what the problem is here without seeing your domain. However, if you reach out to our support team, they can have a look and let you know if everything looks alright with your DNS settings.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Flipkidd
Getting Started

I would like to use my x10 name servers for my x10 website, which I only need to use the x10 name servers for that to work. Then, I would like to use my DomainControl name servers for 

SRV	_minecraft._tcp.@	0 0 25683 s9.minespan.com	1 Hour

What is currently happening is whenever I go to the website, ImCrafty.net,  it works every time, but when I try to join my Minecraft server its a 50% chance of using the right or wrong name server (domaincontrol is the right one). If it fails, I refresh the game and same thing, 50% chance and so on until it works, though it works first try often, but it is still annoying for players.

I don't know if adding a subdomain for the Minecraft server would work, I'm a noob in this domain stuff.

Thanks for any help! It is highly appreciated!

@Flipkidd I tried to check DNS for your SRV record and found some issues.

dig SRV _minecraft._tcp.ImCrafty.net

; <<>> DiG 9.10.4-P2-RedHat-9.10.4-1.P2.fc24 <<>> SRV _minecraft._tcp.ImCrafty.net
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 17166
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;_minecraft._tcp.ImCrafty.net. IN SRV

;; ANSWER SECTION:
_minecraft._tcp.ImCrafty.net. 3599 IN SRV 0 0 25683 s9.minespan.com.

;; Query time: 144 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Sat Sep 24 13:36:34 MST 2016
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 92

I also got the following a few minutes later 

dig SRV _minecraft._tcp.ImCrafty.net

; <<>> DiG 9.10.4-P2-RedHat-9.10.4-1.P2.fc24 <<>> SRV _minecraft._tcp.ImCrafty.net
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 18755
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;_minecraft._tcp.ImCrafty.net.  IN      SRV

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
ImCrafty.net.           1799    IN      SOA     ns1.x10hosting.com. no-reply.x10hosting.com. 2016091019 3600 7200 1209600 86400

;; Query time: 81 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Sat Sep 24 13:40:53 MST 2016
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 120

I see your site has 4 Nameservers managed by 2 separate companies and that could be causing errors.

Name Server: NS55.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS56.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS1.X10HOSTING.COM
Name Server: NS2.X10HOSTING.COM

I checked each Nameserver listed and found only the Godaddy servers had the SRV Record.

You will need to add the SRV record on your x10hosting account. Per this article you will need support to create the SRV record. https://x10hosting.com/blog/dns-zone-basics/

You can create three types of Records via your cPanel account.  
If you find that you need to create a record type that is not
listed here, such as a SRV record, you will need to open a
support ticket and ask for it to be set up.

I see you are using multiple DNS Servers managed by different companies. You will need to make sure your Nameservers are properly configured for master/slave so updates to one will be pushed out to the other.

If you are not using the Master/Slave setup you will need to manually sync/setup the DNS records for both Nameservers so not to cause any problems.

What is happening with your setup is you have 2 companies managing your nameservers and when looking up the SRV Record your nameservers are being randomly queried causing you to have a 50% chance of checking a nameserver that lacks the SRV Record.

@oslinux,

Thank you so much for responding! 😄

So I need to do the following:

1. Ask the x10 Support to make an SRV record, with the same settings as the goddady one
  2. Do the master/slave setup (Please explain what this is and how to do it, I've never heard of this Smiley Embarassed

@Flipkiddto answer your questions.
1 yes. You need a SRV record and per X10 you will need to contact support and have them add the record.

2 For DNS there is a Master/Slave setup. DNS changes are made to the Master and the Master pushes the changes to the Slaves. This type of setup only requires you to make changes to 1 DNS server. If your Servers are not configured for Master/Slave then updates will need to be made to all servers. From what I saw it doesnt look like X10 supports slave only option but to be sure you will need to contact X10 support.
Godaddy refers to it as secondary DNS and Requires Premium DNS.
Here are some helpful links on secondary DNS
https://www.godaddy.com/help/what-is-secondary-dns-797
https://www.godaddy.com/help/enable-secondary-dns-with-godaddy-nameservers-as-slaves-23911
https://www.godaddy.com/help/enable-secondary-dns-with-godaddy-nameservers-as-masters-23910
https://www.godaddy.com/help/manage-secondary-dns-23909

I was unable to locate any info if x10 supports this and you will need to check with them.
I think the best way to solve your problem is to remove the X10 nameservers and only use Godaddy as your nameservers as Godaddy supports more records.

I'll contact them about making the SRV record.

@oslinux wrote:
I was unable to locate any info if x10 supports this and you will need to check with them.
I think the best way to solve your problem is to remove the X10 nameservers and only use Godaddy as your nameservers as Godaddy supports more records.

If I were to drop the x10 nameservers, then how would I connect to my site? Forward it? I like the nameservers because that allows me to go to, for example "imcrafty.net/shop.html" What would the best choice be?

Thanks so much for your help again! It is very highly appreciated!

@Flipkidd The best option would be to use Godaddy Nameservers as Godaddy allow you to add SRV records without contacting support. you will need to remove NS1.X10HOSTING.COM and NS2.X10HOSTING.COM from your Nameservers list.

Using 1 name server you would add A records and CNAME records as found on your x10 hosting account and move them over to Godaddy.

currently your X10 nameserver shows 

imcrafty.net.           21599   IN      A       198.91.81.2

and your Godaddy Nameserver has nothing.

You will need to check both Nameservers (Godaddy and X10Hosting) and any Record missing from Godaddy you will need to create a record for that entry.

You will need to Add an A record or Change an A record for  "@" and point it to 198.91.81.2

If you have any other records listed for your X10 nameservers that are missing from Godaddy nameservers then you will need to add the records.

Manage DNS can be used for assistance with adding the needed records.

When managing DNS it is easier to have your Nameservers manages by 1 company as using 2 without the Master/Slave being setup properly it requires you to make updates to bother servers. 

Ok, so heres what my DNS looks like now:

Spoiler
Type		Name				Value
A		@				198.91.81.2
CNAME		email				email.secureserver.net
CNAME		ftp				@
CNAME		www				@
MX		@				mailstore1.secureserver.net (Priority: 10)
MX		@				smtp.secureserver.net (Priority: 0)
SRV		_minecraft._tcp.@		0 0 25683 s9.minespan.com
NS		@				ns55.domaincontrol.com
NS		@				ns56.domaincontrol.

My nameservers are 

ns55.domaincontrol.com
ns56.domaincontrol.com

Is that all I need to do? It is still not working, although some changes may still need to process. Again, thank you so so much for your help! 😄

@Flipkidd I just checked http://imcrafty.net/shop.html and I am able to access

I also checked DNS Propagation and the DNS records on your server, everything looks good for your site. 

If you are unable to access your site you may need to clear cache and cookies on your computer and flush DNS Cache Make sure to run the command as administrator.

ipconfig /flushdns

Thank you so much! I really appreciate you helping me! Sorry if I was a big noob, I'm not very good with this stuff...

Rqbbie
New

So I set up my A record correctly

Amc162.244.165.1211/2 Hour
But whenever I try saving the SRV one it says
An unexpected error occurred. If this issue continues, contact support.

😞 someone pls help meh