cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

how to remove fake content off godaddy hosted website?

Hi,

i used to own a website sumpod.com many years ago. The business i ran using it was closed down so I let the website go. The person or company who have bought the website have taken old content from the old website and used this.

I have asked many times for this content to be taken down using the abuse godaddy email but have so far been ignored. I cannot contact the owner of the site directly because the site doesnt have any contact information.

Please advise on a way forward.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: how to remove fake content off godaddy hosted website?

IP law is quite complicated, you may want to seek a lawyer that specializes in that field.  Basically GoDaddy does not have the legal authority to determine who owns the content, so such information would need to be presented to them.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: how to remove fake content off godaddy hosted website?

HI @richardsum2017. I agree with what @Nate mentioned above with one addition. The website for sumpod.com seems to be hosted with another provider (I'm not sure who, but it has webhostbox.net nameservers). In a situation where you have problems with the content of a website, you'll want to get in touch with the website hosting provider with any legal requests for content removal. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.