cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

message 404 file not found

I have a website that is current, paid up through 2020, but when I try and enter the address in the bar, I get a 404 not found message?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: message 404 file not found

@rchunter57

Could be a bunch of things -- we need more info... Smiley Wink

Could be the DNS is not correct or the site is not setup properly.  While the domain could be paid until 2020, have you confirmed that your hosting plan payments are current?

Can you share your domain/website URL?

Judith
"All people are the same; only their habits differ." ~Confucius

Hi

I'm sure it's that my hosting needs to get renewed, but I was confused when I went to GoDaddy on where and what that would be.  My url is foxcouleemeats.com 

Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

@rchunter57

Your domain is on GoDaddy servers.  When I go to your domain, I get a GoDaddy page with a link to your cPanel -- which indicates you may have hosting? 

Now what you need to do is look at your services and see what is up. If you have hosting it should be in your account. Either renew or setup new hosting then designate that domain for your hosting account.

Once you login go to: My Products and check under websites.  If nothing is there you'll have to get in touch with GoDaddy support as none of us have access to see what is going on with your account.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"All people are the same; only their habits differ." ~Confucius