cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

off-site zone will be deleted in 30 days.

I am new to go daddy. I bought a domain from them and also created an off site dns with them..shortly after registering the off site dns. I got an email saying
Please note that since you are not a Premium DNS customer, this off-site zone will be deleted in 30 days. Does this mean i will have to pay a minimum of almosy $36 for one year to buy a premium domain to use the off site dns on go daddy or am i missing something.. Thanks in advance
1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: off-site zone will be deleted in 30 days.

Hi @Pamara. Our DNS hosting (off-site DNS) is used to host the zone file for domains that are not registered with GoDaddy. This can be used to host the DNS for domains that you are transferring into GoDaddy. If a domain is already registered with GoDaddy, you have the ability to host it's DNS for free. You would not need to use DNS hosting for these domains. If you do need to host DNS for a domain that is not registered with GoDaddy, you'd need to use our Premium DNS service to keep the zone active. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.