Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, August 4th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

point domain to hostgator while keeping email with godday

Hi 

I am working to build a website for a client and she purchased a domain from godaddy and was able to set up and email. The problem now is that wen I purchased the hosting from hostgator and changed the nameservers to the ones provided by hostgator her email through godday stopped working. She would like to keep her email at godaddy but I set up a wordpress website at hostgator. I have also tried changed the A record to point to to the IP address provided by hostgator but this did not link to the wordpress installed on my server.

does anyone know how I can leave the email part at godaddy and be able to link the domain name to the wordpress set up at hostgator?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
Muse
Super User II

@thepawmission  You want to keep the MX records with GoDaddy.  GoDaddy has a how to for HostGator and Workspace email here.   A step-by-step showing the GoDaddy settings is here.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Good things happen to those who hustle." ~ Anaïs Nin

Muse... you are a godsend 🙂  This is exactly what I need.  Woot woot!  I hope someone buys you a winning lotto ticket 🙂  Have a great day!

Master Your Mindset and Master Your Life