cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

"Unable to resolve host" errors from specific ISP

Hi -

We have seen a situation happen several times in the last two months where customers using a particular ISP (CenturyLink in the Denver metro area) are unable to resolve one of our hostnames for typically 30-60 minutes at a time. They see an "Unable to resolve host" error message.

Customers outside of CenturyLink are not affected during this time, so I strongly suspect it is a CenturyLink issue, but I am wondering if there is something specific we can do on the GoDaddy DNS side to help. Would changing our default nameservers help? Is there any sort of a resync or refresh that we can initiate (or request) that would update both GoDaddy nameservers as well as downstream DNS caches? What about changing the TTL (currently set to 1 hour)?

Any thoughts or advice is much appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: "Unable to resolve host" errors from specific ISP

@accelerate 

It sounds like the DNS servers for Centruylink in that region could be overloaded on DNS requests. You might check how many hops its taking from a Centruylink customer. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***