cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

"Verify email address" link on "My Domains" page does not work

GoDaddy emails me warning of "temporary holds" to be put on two of my domains if their email addresses aren't verified.

(Never mind that it's the same, verified, email address as the other domains on my account.  thanks GoDaddy)

So I use the supplied link to go to the "My Domains" page and I see the orange rectangular notices about needing email validation, so I click on the supplied link.  Nothing happens.

This is a bug because something is supposed to happen.

28 REPLIES 28
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: "Verify email address" link on "My Domains" page does not work

Hi @MGT. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. After clicking on the link in your email, the verification message should disappear within 24 hours. If it doesn't, you may want to try clearing your browser's cache. If you're still having trouble after that, I recommend reaching out to our support team. They may be able to verify your information via a telephone conversation. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

My problem report isn't about an email link.  I'd like to see that email.  It wasn't in the spam folders either.

My problem report is about the links that show up at https://dcc.godaddy.com/manage/ .  Three of the domains have a yellow div that says "Please verify your email address before a temporary hold is placed on this domain.  This text is followed by a link "Verify email address".  That is the link that does not work.

New

I am having the same problem with one of my accounts. I was able to verify all the others but the link does not work on this one account.

New

This issue appears to still be in play.

New

Same issue here.

Here's what I see: http://i.imgur.com/pxCW9Yw.png

When I click on verify, absolutely nothing happens. Furthermore, this is not a browser issue as I experienced the same thing on my phone then switched over to a desktop thinking it was a compatibility thing. 

New

Same issue here.  Tried every browser available to me (Chrome/Safari on my iPhone, Chrome, Mozilla, Edge and IE on my computer).  Clicking the "Verify email address." link does nothing.  The link appears on the "My Domains" page with all of my domains with a yellow bar for the domain in question.  When I go to the domain settings page, the bar is across the top of the settings page for that domain.  Neither link works.

Same here, when is this getting resolved. little frustrating

I'm having the exact same problem. Tried multiple times and nothing happens.

Bit fed up, and chat help is never online when I go try. Just got another email today to same effect and threaten down time of site.

@JesseW is this being fixed? 

Looking forward to hearing from you, many thanks
Lucy

Has there been any updates on this issue? I'm having the same problem.

Hey @lindasharp@LucindaGrace

In truth there really isn't an issue. It sounds like there's been some confusion on the functionality of the link within the domain control panel for domains still requiring verification. If you're clicking this, this automatically sends out a new notification email to the registrant email address on the domain name. No other action is suppose to take place from clicking this link.

If the email message was never received, this is likely due to invalid contact details being listed as the registrant. This needs to be updated so the email can be sent out to the correct address. The link within the email address sent to the registrant contact is the one that needs to be used to complete the verification process. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

I'm having the same problem.  It needs to say "Email sent" or some kind of acknowledgment, otherwise, it looks like nothing has happened.

Hey @GSLC,

You're right and I agree. Pretty sure that's where some of the confusion is coming from. Making sure our teams who work on our control panel updates are made aware. 

In the meantime, you can switch to a List View of your domain control panel. The link there should send an acknowledgement of the email being sent. Be sure to double check the email address listed on your registrant contact. 

Let us know if you manage to get your domain verified. 

I'm having the same problem. I need to verify my email address and I never get sent the email with the link. I've clicked that yellow box probably 10 times over the last few days and I never get an email. I checked and the contact info is correct in my account. This is for a business website that is down right now and needs to be back asap. Please help. Thanks! 

Employee
Employee

Hey @obsessionssalon!

Welcome to the community! If you're not receiving the email, you'll want to reach out to our support team to have them look at this with you.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

For those who have problems clicking on the Verify Email link in the Card view of Domain Manager, change to List View by clicking on the 3 bars icon in the top right. Then you click on 'Confirm Email' in the Status column. You will receive an verification email right away.

To GoDaddy support, please ask your team to review the web site design. The Verify Email link in the Card view is not working at least on OSX Chrome and Safari and Windows IE and Chrome. 

New

This still does not work. 

New

And it won't let me change email address.

In truth there really isn't an issue....

If there wasn't an issue, then I wouldn't be trying to fix it...still. @CG
No matter what links I've clicked to verify my domain, I still got mupltiple warning emails, and now domain is down !!! IS there any way someone could please help with this?

All my email addresses are correct.

Hey @LucindaGrace,

Have you tried the 'list view' work around I had suggested earlier in this discussion? The link in this view should work with an acknowledgement of the email being sent out. 

The real problem is UX. Which seems to be lacking on this module.

• If the link works (sends verification email), then it should indicate an action has taken place by the user.
  • If the link doesn't work, as it seems in this case, the user clicks the link and no indicator happens. Therefore the user believes the action is broken.

We need an indicator that visually tells us that the verification email was sent.

Having the same issue and my site is temporarily unavailable don't know what to do?

please fix this issue.  

Also I have tried the 'list view' work around but didn't work

Attempted trial many times to verify my mail and yet nothing received.

I called but the wait time is just ridiculously long.

I am in Hong Kong, so please call 8

Hey @grassfarmer,

Our agents can't return calls over Community as this is a public discussion forum. If you're having trouble getting through over the phone, our live chat teams can also help when available. They're available Mon-Fri 5AM - 6PM (UTC-7).

When they're in you'll see a chat button at the top or bottom of this page to start a session. 

Solution

I may have found a workaround.

1. On the Domain Status page, click on the list view icon on the right side.
  2. Mouse over the "Pending Whois" so that it turn into "Confirm Email"
  3. godaddy will send you an email with a link button, click that
  4. Go back to your Domains page and click the "domain's status" link
  5. Your confirmed domain goes away leaving the unconfirmed domains

Your mileage may vary but it worked for me at least the first time.  I've updated my contact information because it sent it to an old email and now the others aren't working.  There are some very broken ops on the backend here.

I did what you suggested, however the email never shows up in my email account. Yes, my email address is correct and what is showing in my go daddy account. I looked in spam also and NOTHING!

Employee
Employee

Hi @Laurie90267!

I'd recommend reaching out to our support team to troubleshoot this real-time with them. They can work with you to find the solution.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
New

I can not verify my email address

In my domain manager option this message is showing "Please verify your email address before a temporary hold is placed on this domain.". When I click on "Verify email address" link it shows this message "An error occurred. Please try again. If this problem continues, contact support.".

I am not getting verification email to my email inbox. Please send me the email verification mail. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I can not verify my email address

Hi @sonali,

this is NOT support. This is the community forum. Support can be reached here:

https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx