cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

requested auth code but not getting it

Im trying to transfer a domain of mine to another registrar. when i request a code it says it goes to domain's registrant email address, so I waited for more than 4 hours, nothing has come into our inbox. Tried to send emails from Gmail and Hotmail, and the emails have been received in domain's registrant email address.

Anyway, I tried to change domain's email address to another one, but it says that the approval emails have been sent to current email address and new email address (@hotmail.com), but both never come into our inboxes. What is the fix?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: requested auth code but not getting it

The advice I typically offer in cases where people are waiting for verification code is to check the Bulk and SPAM folder(s) for those emails @ookooo. Provided that the correct email was provided I can't imagine why emails wouldn't eventually show up? I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

New

Thanks for reply. I am afraid but it really happened. I checked every folder and even added @godaddy.com into whitelist. Nothing come. Right now I am stuck in this. The email for auth code never came, I can't change its email address because it asked approval from current and new email address? Live support didn't give a s**t about this.  Can someone help me out?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ookooo. If you're still having trouble getting an authorization code via email, you can try downloading it. These instructions explain how to do that. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Super User II
Super User II

@ookooo wrote:

@thanks for reply. I am afraid but it really happened. I checked every folder and even added @godaddy.com into whitelist. Nothing come. Right now I am stuck in this. The email for auth code never came, I can't change its email address because it asked approval from current and new email address? Live support didn't give a s**t about this.  Can someone help me out?

@ookooo try requesting it twice in a row, this always works for me.

---