Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Somchaie
New

sending email through GMail

Hi There, 

Everytime i send email to my  godaddy mail wiht my dimain name  by gmail i get this email , 

j.pernot1@gmail.com doesnt exis !!  somebody can help me please

Your mail message to the following address(es) could not be delivered.

This is a permanent error. Please verify the address(es) and try again.

<j.pernot1@gmail.com>:
74.125.200.26 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try
550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at
550 5.1.1  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser q77si10022348pfi.121 - gsmtp
Giving up on 74.125.200.26.

2 REPLIES 2
gyrgrls
New

Looks like a misconfigured dns record.  Email addresses with dots in them need a unique MX record,  if I recall correctly.  liases will not do. ... depending on the MTA.  I run into this a lot where I try to enter emails into a database,  and it comes back "invalid",  because of the disallowed characters on the syste (admins too lazy to fix the bug or problem).  I'm not sure what TA Godaddy uses.  I'. used to sendmail and postfix,  but prefer sendmail,  for various reasons.

Make sure there is an X record entry for each canonical as well as fully qualified domain name in the zone files.

Other than that,  wacth for tyops (   🙂    )

Not sure what MTA Godaddy uses....    

Yes,  typos can be a problem,  esp late or early,  on a laptop with no sleep for a few daze

check everything for syntax,  too.  Just one misplaced dot can screw things up.