cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

suspected spam

I have gotten an email from "somewhere". It has the name of a website I use and threatens me with my domain  being terminated within 24 hours if I don't click on the link and send money for my domain. I have a domain at GoDaddy but it is not due for renewal/payment for another year. what should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TLH

Hi @photographyarti,

Welcome to the Community!

It's most likely spam. Check the email header to see the true address for the sender. You can also check your account to verify the domain status, but this would just be to assure yourself. (GoDaddy send notices of expiration, not 24-hour threats.)

If you believe someone else has access to your account, you can add two-step verification to the account and Protected Registration to your domain. At the very least your password to the account should be changed occasionally, and never be the same as your email address password. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TLH

Hi @photographyarti,

Welcome to the Community!

It's most likely spam. Check the email header to see the true address for the sender. You can also check your account to verify the domain status, but this would just be to assure yourself. (GoDaddy send notices of expiration, not 24-hour threats.)

If you believe someone else has access to your account, you can add two-step verification to the account and Protected Registration to your domain. At the very least your password to the account should be changed occasionally, and never be the same as your email address password. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post