cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Getting Started

transfer domain + Privacy to another account

sometime back, i was informed that it would be possible to transfer a domain and privacy to a new account. 

Is this possible now? Before it was only possible to move the domain and if you have Privacy you had to separate it from the domain before transferring. 

I want to move my domain and privacy to a new account. Transfer in other words. 

Thank you in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

Hello @topsy88 and thank you for being a part of the Community!

All domains come with basic privacy protection. If you have upgraded your domain privacy and protection then it needs to be downgraded to basic privacy protection before the domain can transfer.

Here is the guide that includes step by step instructions on how to move your domain to another GoDaddy account. After the transfer, you can upgrade your domain privacy & protection to Full or Ultimate.

If you need further assistance, GoDaddy Support is available 24/7 via chat or phone!

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Employee

Hello @topsy88 and thank you for being a part of the Community!

All domains come with basic privacy protection. If you have upgraded your domain privacy and protection then it needs to be downgraded to basic privacy protection before the domain can transfer.

Here is the guide that includes step by step instructions on how to move your domain to another GoDaddy account. After the transfer, you can upgrade your domain privacy & protection to Full or Ultimate.

If you need further assistance, GoDaddy Support is available 24/7 via chat or phone!

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

Thank you for your reply, SG4101

So this amounts to a double charge if you want to transfer domain privacy. 

If you want to transfer your domain and privacy to another account you have, I was told that in a few months we may be able to transfer privacy too without having to pay for it again after transfer. I was informed that this may change by this time. 

I want to delete my old account and stick to the new one, which is why I want to transfer. 

So there is no point transferring a domain till it is time to renew the privacy, because otherwise we will be paying double for privacy.