cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

website displays coming soon/blank page

I designed and manage a website for a non profit and lately for some devices like chrome and mobile it works fine, but with firefox it displays a blank page or a website coming soon page. We are using google sites as host. I am not sure how long it has been going on, but the site has been up for over 2 years now without a problem.

Fairly certain this is a DNS issue on godaddy's side. When I set up the google sites website we're using, I had to put in quite a few different DNS records. I do not see any "parked" entries in the DNS records of the site. Also, it does work on most devices when www. is put in front of the domain name. so www.url.com works and url.com does NOT work(definitely not in firefox)

I just do not know or have the experience to know which of the many DNS records would be safe to delete and which are definitely needed. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!.  

7 REPLIES 7
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Re: website displays coming soon/blank page

What are the A record(s) that you have for host @?

New

Here is a screen shot of my A records. Honestly the only one that looks out of place to me is the one that starts with 50 (50.63.202.58) 

Arecord.PNG

Was that the info you needed?

Super User III
Solution

Yes, delete the line for (50.63.202.58).

New

Ok, may I ask why? Is it linking to the godaddy "coming soon" page or something? Thank you!

Super User III
Solution

That is a GoDaddy IP address, the other 4 are Google.  Only 1 is required, but if there's more one will be randomly selected when a visitor tries to access the site.  This is often stored in cache within your network as well as outside, so it can take some time for changes to be reflected.

New

I think it worked! Thank you so much!

Super User III

Glad to hear!