cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

365 wiped my laptop software

365 email support suggested I download Outlook to solve a problem. Instead 365 automatically upgraded my desktop version of Microsoft Office to 365. Now i no longer have the Word Excel PowerPoint etc. Can’t find the product key so can’t download a replacement. Anyone with suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Re: 365 wiped my laptop software

Hi,

This is complicated situation but don't worry.  Follow these steps ;

Create an Outlook Profile

To create or re-create your Outlook profile, install and run the Office 365 Support and Recovery Assistant.

1. Log in with your Office 365 credentials.

2. Choose Outlook.

3. Choose I need help setting up my Office 365 email in Outlook.

The Support and Recovery Assistant will run some checks, and when you're ready will create an Outlook profile with your email address.

Download and start Support and Recovery Assistant

1. Go to the  Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365 download page.

2. Click Download now.

3. Run the installation program.

4. After installation, Support and Recovery Assistant will start automatically.

Use Support and Recovery Assistant

1. Choose I agree to accept the license agreement.

2. Select the app you want to get help with, and choose Next.

3. Select the support topic that best describes your issue, and then choose Next.

4. Sign in with your work or school account.

5. Wait for the series of tests to finish.

6. Review the test results, and do one of the following.

• If the application succeeds in fixing your problem, follow the prompts and close the tool.

• If the tests fail, the application will let you know the reason and suggest other solutions.

1. After the app has finished, leave feedback, and close the app.
Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.

Re: 365 wiped my laptop software

Sorry you misunderstood the issue.

I no longer have 365. Godaddy suggested downloading outlook which also unknown to me downloaded 365 versions of Office. By doing so it deleted the older laptop version I had on my computer. So effectively I no longer no access to Office. Had to be an older laptop version because the computer is used where there is no internet or WiFi connection. Disks and the ID code weren’t provided as it came installed with the laptop otherwise I’d just reinstall.