cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding plus in e-mail forwarding

I really like the spam-management feature of Gmail where you can use e-mails such as myemail+extra@gmail.com. However, it has a weakness - my "root" e-mail address (myemail@gmail.com) is still exposed.

I would like to use the GoDaddy e-mail forwarding to work around this limitation. My approach is to create a forwarding e-mail using my domain (myemail@mydomain.com) and forward it to my Gmail.

This works for the base address, but does not work for the "plus" syntax. That is, if I have a forwarding rule for myemail@mydomain.com -> myemail@gmail.com, then myemail+extra@mydomain.com will not work (e-mails sent to that e-mail will bounce).

Is there any way to set up plus-based e-mail forwarding with GoDaddy?

Thanks!

Dave

2 REPLIES 2
Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Re: Adding plus in e-mail forwarding

Hey there!

Unfortunately, no, there isn't a way to set up the + functionality that gmail has as that is a proprietary feature of gmail products. It only works internally, within their system, to my knowledge. 

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Re: Adding plus in e-mail forwarding

One interesting workaround is to use a "catch-all" rule - it does have its limitations (I don't think rules have precedence, so if you have catch-all against a domain, no other e-mail forwarding rules will work against that domain - correct me if I'm wrong), but coupled with Gmail's own filtering, it should do exactly what I want.