Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rio118
New

Android mail apps no longer working with Workspace Email

I use aqua mail app to view my emails, but recently stopped receiving messages. The last date on the app I have for a received email is May 26. Checking my mail in a browser, there are tons of new emails but they don't show up in the app.

Tried adding account to gmail app, after syncing, emails only sync up to May 26, no new emails.

Tried the outlook app, but I can't even get the emails to show, app only says "please wait while we download your messages," but nothing ever loads.

Were the server settings recently changed for godaddy? These are the settings i've been using:

• IMAP
    Username Enter your full email address.
    Password Enter your email account password.
    IMAP server imap.secureserver.net
    Port 143
  • Use these settings for your outgoing server:

As a troubleshooting step, you must have enabled SMTP relays for your account. For more information, see See your SMTP relays.

SMTP (Outgoing Mail Server)
    SMTP server smtpout.secureserver.net
    Port 80
    Security type None

4 REPLIES 4
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @rio118

Thanks for sharing your issue on our Community forum!

This could happen if you have too many emails in your inbox. If you have over 20,000 emails in your inbox folder, it can cause issues like this. You can still save the messages in other folders, but having too many in the main inbox can cause trouble. 

Has anyone else in the community seen similar issues?

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thank for the response. I only have 1140 msgs in my main inbox though. Will shift some to a new folder and see if that helps

Wait...scratch that.....it was 1140 unread I was referencing. I indeed have 25k+ messages. Moving them seems to have done the trick. Thanks !!!

How did this work?