cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
ossysprog
Novice

Annual reminder of meeting invited accepted

I get quite a few email invites to meeting in my Godaddy workplace.   I do not have a calendar.   When I accept the meeting invite, I get annual reminders of these meeting.   I get meetings with following:

This email was generated to remind you of an event.

The footer looks like this:

Recurrence:annually
Initial Date:Wednesday, July 18, 2012

End Date:

Anybody know how to delete these?

8 REPLIES

Re: Annual reminder of meeting invited accepted

Hi @ossysprog!

This usually means there is a calendar account attached to your email address. You'd need to access the calendar event to cancel it out to stop the notifications. If you access email through the Web-Based Email interface, you can access the calendar from there and navigate to the event you got the notification for and cancel it. Hope this helps.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I have the same issue.  I get the same header and footer, though the rest, of course is specific to the event.  If I click on "Calendar" in web mail it takes me to godaddy and tries to sell me a calendar product.  If I log into godaddy from there and go to "manage" on the calendar it says "You don't have any Calendar accounts created".  The reminder I get is from my email address to my email address.  I am stumped how to delete this.  There are no links in the email.  I've been getting this annual reminder for a lunch date that occurred three years ago the last three years now.

Hi @Michael_Bush

I suggest reaching out to our support team to see if there is an existing calendar account with your email address that needs to be removed internally. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
JamesV
Novice
Solution

I had this same problem and also do not have a calendar account. I noticed the issue appears whenever I accept a meeting invite in web mail. For some reason, this action creates a calendar entry and then I get an annual reminder.

To get rid of them, select the date/time link in the reminder email, which opens a calendar page. Select List View and you will see a list of all events. You will notice some have a column for recurrence and reminder. You can either delete the event or change the recurrence to none and the reminder to off. This stopped the reminder emails for me.

ossysprog
Novice

Above is the reminder I get.   There is nothing to click on.

bjbantics
Novice
Solution

This is a Legacy Calendar Event.

To access the Legacy Calendar, you need to login to your webmail. Once you are in, make sure you are using the Classic View and not the Updated View. In the URL in your browser, replace "webmail.php" with "calendar.php" and it will bring up the Legacy Calendar.

In the Legacy Calendar, you can edit/delete the events that are sending you reminders.

dmbarber
Novice

Worked like a charm. Thanks for helping rid me of those ghosts.

TheCurz66
Novice

OMG, this was fabulous.  Thank you!  I've been receiving 7 and 8 reminders for one event and couldn't figure out how to stop them.  This worked perfect.