Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WRAG
Getting Started

Can no longer access my emails through thunderbird

can no longer access my emails through thunderbird... was working and now it's not and customer service as in chat is not available and calling in has a que of over 50 minuites and have sent in request after request after request with NO replies so far...  this was SUPPOSED to improve goddady email service???  very displeased!!!!

9 REPLIES 9
PL281
Super User IV

@WRAG 

I am an end user like you - You tagged this with Office 365 - assume that is the case - I will tell you that while Thunderbird "technically" can connect to Office 365 it is not recommend - If you google Office 365 Thunderbird a number of colleges give instructions - there are about 8-10 steps and you have to subscribe to the folders.

Generally speaking most people who use Office 365 use either Outlook our the Web version of Outlook

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

WRAG
Getting Started

don't care for outlook thank you. have checked and everything is correct on the settings AND it worked just fine... then suddenly went south... from the phone que and absence of chat thinking I'[m not alone.  as to the proper forum... not sure there is one for this particular problem... so???

PL281
Super User IV

@WRAG 

I had asked about Office 365 as you had tagged your post as that was the product being use. Are you getting any errors.

In regards to the phone queue - GoDaddy employees are working from home as such some of the hold times have increased as the system routes the calls. Chat should work just fine - you may have to use a private browser window

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

WRAG
Getting Started

NO errors?  well... not getting anything... no emails coming through... just stopped working... checked the setting and they seem correct but no emails coming through... none on any of my godaddy emails...

PL281
Super User IV

@WRAG

Can you by chance post a screen capture of your server settings.
Blocking out any personal identification information.

Sent from my iPhone

WRAG
Getting Started

finally got through to online chat... we worked on it and seem the problem is with thunderbird at this time intend to look further into it but am making changes... thanks for your input

WRAG
Getting Started

also thanks for the suggestion on using private window!

WRAG
Getting Started

so you know I found an answer to this issue... Seamonkey... it used exactly the same info that was in Thunderbird... and it downloads and send emails using the godaddy email info NO PROBLEM... I therefore conclude the issue is NOT Godaddy but Thunderbird... perhaps Seamonkey is using an older version of Thunderbird???  As Seamonkey is a combination of Firefox browser and Thunderbird email provider???

Also of note... Thunderbird is now a fully SEPARATE system form Firefox and has it's own programmers etc. and as such and is requesting funds from user...  I will not be sending any funds to them due to this screw up!!!! ain't gonna pay for something that doesn't work!!!!!

WRAG
Getting Started

Also I at this point am unable to contact in any meaningful way the people that are now controlling/programming Thunderbird...  tried several ways but they do not respond and have not responded thus far... and I can find no way to contact them directly???

Searched their site on Thunderbird and can find no way to contact... they want money and they have that set up so you can give money... but I can see no way to actually discuss issue with them at this point...???