cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Can only replay but can't send new email

Hello. I configured email on mac os email client. I can successfully reply to received messages but if I create and send a new one, recipient doesn't receive that email. My smtp config:

host: longmileautohaul.com

port:587 (I also tried it 465)

username and password from cpanel email config.

9 REPLIES 9
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Can only replay but can't send new email

@rojus 

Can you send something from the webmail and have them receive it??

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
New

No, but I can successfully send email if I connect goddady email with gmail.

Super User III
Super User III

@rojus 

Ok - So if you try to send from longmileautohaul.com/webmail - you get an error - or it just isn't received?????

You said you 

@rojus wrote:

No, but I can successfully send email if I connect goddady email with gmail.

Do you mean where gmail allows you to send as an Alias - so it's sending out via gmail

If you cannot send mail even via the webmail, this suggests that perhaps the SMTP service is disabled on your server in WHM

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

New

Im using shared hosting so I don't have access to WHM. Situation now is that sometimes when I replay to email receiver doesn't receive that email and I don't get any error message of undelivered email. I connected goddady email (created via cPanel) with gmail via settings provided in cPanel but email delivery is unstable and I can't be sure that email was delivered. Can I do anything about it?

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@rojus 

Sorry you are still having issues, however I'm still confused....

So if I understand correctly what you did - 

You went into Google Mail -> Settings -> Accounts and Imports and added the account which is setup on your cPanel

You also set Google Mail to be able to "send" as that email.

Is that correct?????

If so, sending / outbound mail is going through Google NOT through the cPanel - keep in mind they may see something like  "From yourname@gmail.com on behalf of othername@otherdomain.com."

Now if some people aren't receiving your messages when you send it this way, you will want to check your TXT records in the DNS and see if you have an SPF record

If you don't already have one 

v=spf1 include:secureserver.net include:_spf.google.com ~all

should give you what you need

New

@PL281 wrote:

@rojus 

Sorry you are still having issues, however I'm still confused....

So if I understand correctly what you did - 

You went into Google Mail -> Settings -> Accounts and Imports and added the account which is setup on your cPanel

You also set Google Mail to be able to "send" as that email.

Is that correct?????

Yes!

If so, sending / outbound mail is going through Google NOT through the cPanel - keep in mind they may see something like  "From yourname@gmail.com on behalf of othername@otherdomain.com."

When sending email I have possibility to choose from which email to send from.

I had TXT record but only "v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all". So I changed to "

v=spf1 include:secureserver.net include:_spf.google.com ~all" I will try and let you know.

Thanks for your help.

New

Now I can reply. But if incoming email was without subject and I replay to that email witout subject receiver doesn't receive that email. Also if I write new email without subject receiver doesn't receive email.

Super User III
Super User III

@rojus 

That could be a spam filter on the receiving side that because it doesn't have a subject it's treated like spam

New

But if I send same email without subject from my different mail.com account recipient successfully receives that email. He only doesn't receive if I send it from my @longmileautohaul.com accout.