cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Can't attach files to email

Hi: 

This problem keeps occurring. I try to attach a file to my email and the 'hover' button never appears so I can't attach a file. Occasionally I can attach one file but never more than one. It's driving me crazy and slowing me down. Two other people in our office have had the same issue from time to time. We all use PCs and access via Chrome. I've seen other people post the same problem so wonder if its a Go Daddy glitch? Please help!

9 REPLIES 9
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Can't attach files to email

@BPS2 

Are you using GoDaddy's WorkSpace Email, Email on your Server or some other service??

Can you post a screen capture of where this issue is?

Also how large is the file you are trying to attach?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

Hi:

Yes we are using Go Daddy Web Mail. File sizes have been anything from 250KB to 5MG but often I can't even get to the point of selecting a file to attach. Basically when I go to the 'attach' button on my email and click on it, nothing happens. Sometimes an icon that says 'No File Chosen' appears and allows me to click and attach a single file, but only one file (no matter what the size.) I'm finding I have to send three or four emails with single attachments and sometimes it just won't even allow me to attach anything. Thoughts?

Super User III
Super User III

@BPS2 

I would try Firefox instead of Chrome and/or a Chrome Private Window - It maybe a cache / local system issue (yes it could occur across multiple computers if they are configured similar)

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

New

Hi:

We've been asked by our tech guys not to use Firefox as it doesn't work for other applications we need to use on a regular basis. Is this something that Go Daddy will be addressing with Google Chrome? We use Chrome as our browser for everything so if we can't use it for email it would be easier to change email services then have to keep switching back and forth from different browsers. Is this something Go Daddy can look into to see why this happens?

Super User III
Super User III

@BPS2

Did you try in a private window in chrome. I believe this maybe a local cache issue on your computers vs a global chrome issue. I was asking you to use a different browser to help test that theory. A private window in chrome would do the same thing

New

Thanks for taking the time to answer....how does one open a private window in Chrome?

I usually just click on the icon on my desktop - what would I need to do differently?

Super User III
Super User III

@BPS2

From the 3 dots you should be able to select new incognito window or ctrl + shift + n

New

No its still not working......definitely think its a glitch with Go Daddy's Webspace Email as it happens intermittently.

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@BPS2 

If that is the case your only option would be to reach out to GoDaddy support directly - We are end users like you so there isn't much we can do other than try to confirm if we have the same issue. 

Sorry I couldn't be of more help