cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Can't receive eblasts from third party server

I am on the board of a nonprofit who sends eblasts via another party, blackbaudemail.netcommunity1.com.

When I started I was with GoDaddy but used Thunderbird for e-mail. When I found I couldn't receive these e-mails, I asked for GoDaddy's help. They suggested that I migrate to Office365 which includes Outlook for e-mails. That did not solve this issue.

I have asked for their assistance several times but was not able to solve this issue. So I setup a Gmail e-mail and for a short time I was able to receive the e-mails there. GoDaddy suggested I setup on Gmail auto forwarding and e-mailed me instructions on how to do. Once I followed those instructions I no longer received these e-mails on either. Changed back but that didn't solve it.

I spent most of the day today having Norton 360 look into my computer to see if they could find something; no luck. Outlook help suggested contact Microsoft for help.

Also, cannot receive e-mails from nonprofit when I sign on for their newsletters, i.e., I'm suppose to receive a confirmation e-mail immediately after I submit but never comes. I believe this is true when I make a donation on line at their web site as well. blackbaud.com says the problem is on my end?

Summary: Domain: mtnagan.org Have had this for many years switching to GoDaddy sometime ago.

Hosting: I have no idea what you're asking here (GoDaddy?). I use Firefox for browser. HP laptop with Windows 7 Pro. I don't have a web site.

E-mail addresses: radar@mtnagan.org (preferred and had been used exclusively until this problem). Outlook for e-mail, was Thunderbird.

naganmark@gmail.com (temporary, I hope!!)

Nonprofit: guadalupecenter.org  I can receive individual e-mails from here.

How do I solve this problem? I have some screen shots I photographed and saved which might help? How do I send/attach them?

Hope you can help?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Can't receive eblasts from third party server

@radar1959 

I don't believe this has ANYTHING to do with your side, but rather the non-profit's side - 

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=spf%3aguadalupecenter.org&run=toolpage#

This shows that unless the email comes from office 365 it's going to fail - Some email systems pay attention to the SPF records and are very strict - others do not.... but to me - if they are using a 3rd party system to send email and they are sending out the email from the domain then it will more than likely bounce / fail

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: Can't receive eblasts from third party server/?isc=gdcommment

Hi PL281,
Thank you very much for your prompt reply; I wish I understood more of it! I will pass along to guadalupecenter.org. Since the e-mails come from an individual at guadalupecenter.org via blackbaudmail.netcommunity1.com, should blackbaudmail be entered into the mxtool as well? When I try to forward and/or reply to this e-mail, it goes directly to that person's e-mail address at guadalupecenter.org, not via blackbaudmail (at least, that is what is shown).

Perhaps, Blackbaudmail.com or blackbaud.com will understand your analysis and possibly fix it??

Thank you

Mark T Nagan

563-340-2704 (c)
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Can't receive eblasts from third party server/?isc=gdcommment

@radar1959 

Pretty much you hit the nail on the head - Blackbaud (a.k.a. DonorPerfect) needs to be reflected in the SPF record.

Right now because they aren't and it's send VIA them - the settings are configured to reject the mail

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Re: Can't receive eblasts from third party server/?isc=gdcommment/?isc=gdcommment

Thank you!! Would this apply to Gmail as well?

Mark T Nagan

563-340-2704 (c)
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Can't receive eblasts from third party server/?isc=gdcommment/?isc=gdcommment

@radar1959 (Mark)

The incoming (receiving) server / provider uses the SPF record to know if something is legit or not (spam or not)

gmail does use this - Sometimes GMAIL will reject the mail all together other times they will send to to the spam folder - but they do refer to it

Re: Can't receive eblasts from third party server/?isc=gdcommment/?isc=gdcommment/?isc=gdcommment

Thank you! Will continue trying with Guadalupe on this.
Mark

Mark T Nagan

563-340-2704 (c)