cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Can't send e mail from iphone

I have a website I use for my consulting practice. It is set up through Go Daddy with email. I have the email on my iPhone 6S via something called "pop server". It has worked great for years; however, lately when I get up in the morning, I will have 10 or 20 returned e mails that I did not send to people I do not know......the e mails will be on my PC and my iPhone both. The returned e mails say "Message Delivery Failure. This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently. Then they give an e mail address of someone I never heard off. There will be a bunch of letters and numbers afterwards. Now, what is frustrating is that I cannot send an email via my iPhone anymore as I get messages back immediately saying I have "exceeded my limit"......my account does not have e mail limits....I can, however, send e mail from my PC fine with no problems...….anyone have any ideas? 

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Can't send e mail from iphone

Hi @Rommel. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! It is possible in some cases for 3rd parties to send emails from a server that appear to be from your addresses or domains. This is often called spoofing. That could be part of what you're seeing. I'd suggest following the suggestions in this article to help prevent that. However, the fact that you're hitting limits is a little more concerning. That could mean a number of things. I'd recommend getting in touch with our customer care team at your earliest convenience so they can take a look at your situation and suggest the best way forward for you. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.