cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Cannot activate my email; Office says I need admin to give me a license

Good day,

I'm struggling a bit to activate my email. I can use it presently until the 17th. When I try to activate it I get this message: "Before you can use Office, your admin needs to assign a license to your account (***.com)."
I've tried a few things.
One of which I could not perform. I suppose things have changed since 2019, as I cannot get to the download settings (https://ca.godaddy.com/community/Managing-Email/How-to-overcome-the-admin-error/m-p/138800).
The most involved attempt that I've tried, I succeeded in implementing, but it did not solve my problem (https://ca.godaddy.com/community/Managing-Email/GoDaddy-Office-365-to-Google-G-Suite-Migration-Imper....
What am I missing?

Any help would be very appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User 2020

Go to portal.azure.com > click on Azure Active Directory > click on users > click on the user that is having issue > click on licenses. If user doesn't have a license you should be able to add it in that panel. If none available, you will need to reach out to GoDaddy support. 

Hopefully that helps!

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User 2020

Go to portal.azure.com > click on Azure Active Directory > click on users > click on the user that is having issue > click on licenses. If user doesn't have a license you should be able to add it in that panel. If none available, you will need to reach out to GoDaddy support. 

Hopefully that helps!

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

View solution in original post