cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Cannot receive emails even after adding MX records

Our email address with the domain set up from godaddy cannot receive emails and the sender receives a Mail Delivery Error message.

We have contacted the email provider, Zoho, and was told to configure MX records and carried out according to the instructions correctly.

We still failed to receive emails and the issue/error insists.

We were told to contact the DNS provider (since we correctly did what we were instructed and still failed to receive mails) so we are writing here.

We have also renewed the Premium DNS recently and have been having this Mail Delivery problem for weeks.

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Cannot receive emails even after adding MX records

Hey there!

Are you currently using the mail function through cPanel? If so, you'll probably want to go into the MX Entry section in cPanel and change it from "Local" to "Remote." This will allow you site to use an external MX record, which is what you want to do, I think.

Hope that helps!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

I am having trouble getting email from my office 365

I don't know if I am supposed to have MX records or not but I am not getting my domain name email at all. It works and then it doesn't. I'm so confused

Solution

Re: I am having trouble getting email from my office 365

Hi @Mxc_47 , thanks for posting.

MX Records are DNS settings that are a part of your domain name. Without MX Records, you wouldn't be able to receive emails at all.

You can check your DNS/MX Record settings through your account. While this article is for setting up your domain name at other domain providers, the same steps would apply.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/set-my-mail-destination-for-domains-in-another-account-16441

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status