cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Cannot send emails from my Outlook, error code 17099

Apologies if this has been answered before, but I searched the email section of the godaddy community and couldn't find anything.

As of a few days ago, I suddenly can't send emails from my computer. I am getting a specific error message/code:

Getting the error code "17099", with the error message "sYT7bwXZzkC1d :: auth :: Message rejected for spam or virus content :: Please include this entire message when contacting support :: v=2.1 cv=M4PtU3Es c=1 sm=1 tr=0 p=DVzeD2OwAAAA:8 a=+qq5DtMGMggTUPF5vp8bgA==:117 a=+qq5DtMGMggTUPF5vp8bgA==:17 a=L9H7d07YOLsA:10 a=9cW_t1CCXrUA:10 a=s5jvgZ67dGcA:10 a=PeFO9FbFhS32YxYntvkA:9 a=MnbyFKF6G8bNJo8HonIA:9 a=mSVRGrYAAQufzvht:21 a=pOxw_KbdTkKmrhcn:21 a=CjuIK1q_8ugA:10 a=lvalPF0niAAA:10 a=ybCoae_V2F4A:10 a=7SbTXfDitXZrhvwcLdcA:9 a=d1HgSwQ_QH6uNtCm:21 a=dJSn7nuo-oPuIliu:21 a=AYxD7-S2RnKcfXWV:21 a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10 a=e2EPvQYQKOTkLIeR8GMA:9 a=uIZGXzpcwXn3oCKo:18 a=HXjIzolwW10A:10 a=qjWOg9qc2WopDJb94HMA:9 a=bJbZjhmU7zxXFB56arnL:22 :: 100.00"

I am running Microsoft Office for Mac 2011, my computer software is up to date, I troubleshooted and tried these fixes:

removed all plists

tried every smtpout port Godaddy uses (25, 80, 3535, 465 with SSL)

changed my password

made sure there were no attachments/email signatures with links

Made sure I wasn't out of smtp relays

I can receive emails without issue, only sending is the problem. The issue went away overnight, and started up again about 24 hours later. I can send emails fine from the webserver.

Hoping I can find a solution here before resorting to calling a 1-800 number...

Help!

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Helper III

Re: Cannot send emials from my Outlook, error code 17099

Hello @ZIA,

This error code is usually generated by your Internet Service Provider not being happy with the emails you are sending. This can be due to a number of things:

1. Users have reported this error when sending to large groups. ISPs limit the number in a group. Usual number is 50 recipients to avoid spammer misuse.
  2. If email addresses are invalid your ISP will reject the email and send the error code.
  3. If your mail box is full.
  4. To large of an attachment

If none of these apply to you then I highly recommend contacting support!

I hope this helps,
Feel free to ask any other questions Smiley Happy

Harry Brand - Here to help out the community
New

Re: Cannot send emials from my Outlook, error code 17099

A) thank you so much for a prompt reply!

B) unfortunately none of those apply to me...not sending emails to groups, I did check and my mailbox is not full, and I'm getting the error whether there is an attachment or not.

thanks again