cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change sender name on workspace email?

hello,

since changing from the classic view to the updated view on GoDaddy web based email, it has removed my display name on out-going emails, it used to be:

JS <email@email.domain>

now it is simply <email@email.domain>

i have looked through the options on the email, but cannot find any way of updating/changing the name?

4 REPLIES 4
Skilled I

Re: Change sender name on workspace email?

Hi @Justin789 

https://www.technologywindow.com/change-display-name-godaddy-workspace-email/

Let me know if the link above provides a solution. 

Here's a quick summary: 

The instructions below apply to GoDaddy’s Workspace email and may not be accurate for your Office 365 email.

1. Log into your GoDaddy Workspace email account. If you are already using the “Classic View,” proceed to step 3.
  2. Navigate to the Classic View inbox by selection the “Classic View” button toward the top right of your screen. This link will be located below the “Logged in as” field at the top.
  3. Once in Classic View, you should already be in the “Email” tab. You can verify this toward the top of the page. Hover over the “Settings” menu item — located immediately below the “Email” tab — and select “Personal Settings.”
  4. On the Personal Settings page select the “Identities” tab, then select the edit button associated to your email address.
  5. After selecting the edit button, you should now see the “Modify Identity” box. Change the value of the “Name” field to reflect what you’d like to appear as your email display name. Press “OK” to confirm the change. Your display name should now be set.
  6. If you were using the Updated View — as opposed to the Classic View — to access your emails, you may select the “Updated View” button at the top right of your page.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

The Beanpole | CNTS Student
Skilled I

Hi @Justin789 

This can be setup in the "identities" section. The instructions can be found here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/configuring-my-personal-settings-in-web-based-email-3915

There are a few different email platforms that GoDaddy provides. Generally, whether you're using a webmail interface or an app installed on your device, like a mail client - it's just a matter of entering your name in the client's settings. 

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

Skilled I

https://www.boldelite.com/2015/09/how-to-change-your-godaddy-email-display-name/

^ Because you switched from the updated view to classic view configuration, you will need to switch back to classic view to update your display name for your email configuration settings. 

I'm not entirely positive, but I do believe that if you switch back to classic and change your display name for your e-mail, it should update itself when you switch back to the updated view settings.

Does not work.