Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Configure Send as

Did a quick search, did'nt find anything.

Anybody know how to allow permissions to "Send As" the synch tab where you usually set it up is not in my godaddy outlook.

Really need this feature.

Thanks in advance for a solid answer.

R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User IV

@fastnfurious 

I believe you need to configure an alias first https://www.godaddy.com/help/create-an-office-365-email-alias-20053 then the "Send As" will appear 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PL281
Super User IV

@fastnfurious 

I believe you need to configure an alias first https://www.godaddy.com/help/create-an-office-365-email-alias-20053 then the "Send As" will appear 

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

View solution in original post

I am sorry, I may not have made myself clear. I need to "send as" an email address with a different domain address. I have set it up many times in O365, it will send an email to the one you entered, if you accept the link in the email, you can then "Send as" person@totallydifferentdomain.com" and it works great. This is what I need in our GoDaddy Outlook O365.

Thanks for your help all the same.
R

@fastnfurious 

I know that the email authorization you mentioned is within Google Mail /G Suite - I've neever seen it in office 365.

I just did some searches and everything that I found regarding send as deals with different users / groups within office 365.

The one thing I found regarding different domains was that you could alias the domain for incoming mail but only send out under the primary domain.

I know this doesn't answer your question - I suggest you might ask this question on a Microsoft board as this is a more "advanced" feature of Office 365 if it can be done. 

This is from Microsoft and is how I have done it in the past. please note that the "Synch" tab in my Godaddy O365 does not serve up what I usually see.

1. Select Settings 

> View all Outlook settings > Sync email.

2. Under Connected accounts, select Other email accounts.

3. On the Connect your account page, enter a display name (the name recipients will see when they receive an email message from you) and the full email address and password of the email account you want to connect to your Outlook.com account.

Notes: 

• If you've turned on two-step verification for your connected account, you'll need to create an app password for that account. Go to your provider's account security page to create the app password, and then return to Outlook.com to enter that password on the Connect your account page.

• Two-step verification makes it difficult for someone else to sign in to your email account. It uses two different forms of identity: your password and a contact method, such as a PIN or security code. Your email provider should have information on their web site about setting up two-step verification.

4. Select OK.

@fastnfurious 

This is one of the instances where Office 365 from GoDaddy is "slightly" different than typically Office 365 - GoDaddy has integrations into their systems so some of the pieces you normally have access to are blocked - I suggest reaching out to support to see if there are any work arounds / something that can be enabled for your account.