cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Connection to server failed or was dropped error message

Trying to figure out what happened. Today I set up webmail in my Microsoft Office 365 subscription on my Mac. Worked fine all day, pulled over all my emails. Now, and for the last 3 hours I've received the above error in syncing message. I also have Airmail that I've been using with Godaddy email on my domain for over a year. No problem. Sent some test emails. Airmail got them, and Outlook didn't. Any idea why this is happening? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Connection to server failed or was dropped error message

Hello @Nika16100 and thank you for reaching out to the community. 

Could you possibly share with us your domain name so we can see what your DNS records are showing? That could be the case. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
Solution

Re: Connection to server failed or was dropped error message

Thank you @davisdre317 - I figured it out. The connection to the server dropped because I attempted to upgrade my email to business email and somehow that switched my account from being IMAP supported. Very frustrating, but now corrected. Thank you again. Elle