cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Contact Form not sending email to Office 365 email

I am working with a client who currently has Office 365 email already setup before he had hosting. I made him a website with a contact form but it will not send the email to his Office 365 email. I tried it with a Workspace Email account that I created to test the PHP code. It all worked so I know it's not me. Is there a way to integrate between the Workspace Email and the Office 365 email or can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Contact Form not sending email to Office 365 email

Hi @dvnxsh. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! It's difficult to say for sure what's happening here. If the same form works with one address but not another, it's likely an issue on the receiving end. It would be good if you could clarify exactly how the message is being sent. Providing a link to the form would probably help as well. My first guess would be that somehow the sending IP is being blocked by Outlook/Microsoft, but without more information, it would be difficult to confirm that. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

I am still having this issue. My contact form uses PHP to send mail to the client and I know on GoDaddy hosting, an email can only be sent to an email that is used with the domain name. I.E.: yourname@websitename.com. Like I said I created a workspace email to test the PHP for the website on a contact form that the PHP code is attached too and it sent to the email I created with a workspace email. Now, the client I am doing this website for already had Office 365 through GoDaddy and that was already setup. So when I changed the delivery account in the PHP code for the contact form of who that form would go to it is directed to his email. His email does have the domain as the destination so it should work with GoDaddy. But every time that we try to send an email through the contact form to his email, he does not receive it and it is not in his spam. Is that any more clear?

Highlighted
New

Since we are seeing this same problem on numerous other threads that are weeks old, can we assume there is no solution?

i have the same problem

New

We are having the exact same issue as well. It used to work without problems, but it stopped working two days ago.

Did you figure out what the issue was?

New
Solution

All.

Microsoft recommends that an spf1 text record be added to the domain's DNS - I believe it is:

"include:spf.protection.outlook.com" to prevent spoofing.

After reviewing this forum - https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1977084-office365-godaddy-spf-setup seems that this is really not necessary since all emails sent from GoDaddy go through the server "secureserver.net" regardless of whether it is a GoDaddy Workspace email or O365.

Doing a little digging, this GoDaddy server already includes Office 365 servers nested a few levels deep. So to make this short, all you really need to include on your txt spf record is the following:

"v=spf1 include:secureserver.net -all" or use "v=spf1 include:secureserver.net ~all" for a soft fail, but watch for spoofing.  

I included a (the domains hosting IP address) and mx (the Mail Exchanger record on the domain) in the spf record to be safe. My final record looks like the following and appears to be working.

v=spf1 mx a include:secureserver.net ~all