cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Contact form not sending email to the domain specific email setup using Zoho

I recently set up domain emails using Zoho in Godaddy DNS and the emails are working fine from one email account to another. I am able to communicate between gmail account and zoho domain email account without any issue.

The issue is that the contact form hosted on godaddy is not sending emails to the domain specific email set up in zoho. The contact form shows email sent successfully but is not received in the zoho email account, neither in inbox nor in spam.

However, the same contact form is able to send the email to any other email account like gmail account without any issue.

11 REPLIES 11
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Contact form not sending email to the domain specific email setup using Zoho

Hi @danishiqbal. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! It sounds like there might be something at Zoho that is filtering out the messages. My suggestion would be to review the situation with Zoho support to see if they have any suggestions as to why this might be happening. If you want to rule out any delivery issues from this side, you can connect with our customer care team. They contact our advanced teams to see if the email log for your outgoing message was sent out. If the message was sent out, not received, and not rejected, Zoho should be able to tell you why. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: Contact form not sending email to the domain specific email setup using Zoho

Hello JesseW,

I talked to the Zoho support and this is what they said:

"Hello Sheikh, We assume that the emails from your contact form are being routed locally. Please refer this help link (link: https://in.godaddy.com/help/change-your-email-destination-with-cpanel-shared-hosting-12380) i... and change the mail delivery destination to 'Remote Mail Exchanger' to be able to receive emails from your contact form."

I have already checked that and that is set to "Remote Exchanger". The point I noticed in the article that Zoho shared is about adding the MX to "zone editor" in the cPanel too which I never saw earlier in any of your articles. I checked the zone editor and surprisingly it had no MX pointing to zoho while as they are already in DNS. I wonder why MX entries have to be set in 2 different places (DNS + zone editor). Anyways, in the zone editor, the MX was pointing to iblcropscience.com with 0 priority. Finally, I removed that, added 3 MX entries pointing to zoho and set the destination to Remote Exchanger in the email routing but unfortunately, the contact form entry is still not received in zoho mail.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@danishiqbal - It's true that MX entry does have to be set to remote if you want to use 3rd party email systems. However, if you've already set up your MX records for the domain, you wouldn't need to take the additional steps to add them as mentioned in the help article. I had assumed that had already done that but I'm guessing now that it wasn't since you didn't see the right MX records. A 0 priority record is actually normal and (opposed to what you might think) actually indicates the highest priority. However, setting priority as 10, 20, and 50 as you have should also be fine. 

In looking at the DNS for iblcropscience.com, I see that you have successfully updated your records to point to another provider for mail. Keep in mind that it can take a few hours for this to start working as DNS changes take time to propagate. However, if you're still having trouble, you might want to connect with Zoho once more since you've addressed the issue they identified. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I had actually already added the MX entries in the DNS Management page of Godaddy control panel because of which the zoho emails started working but the issue of hosting contact forms not sending emails to zoho also took place.

Yesterday, after zoho support shared an article that mentioned to add the MX entries in the Zone Editor of hosting cPanel too which is different from DNS Management page of Godaddy control panel, I added those entries but the contact forms are still not being received to the zoho mail while as they are being received in any other email account like personal gmail account. One important thing to mention here is that the form entry that is received in the personal gmail comes from "http://sg2plcpnl0127.prod.sin2.secureserver.net" which I suppose is not zoho server. This makes me think that there is something with the Godaddy hosting that exchanges mail locally instead of remotely and stops the form entries to reach the domain specific zoho mail.

It's already been 3 days since I set MX entries in the DNS management page of Godaddy control panel.

Also, it's been 18 hours since I set the MX in the Zone Editor of the hosting cPanel but still not luck.

Yes, I am aware that 0 means more priority. The 0 was set to local MX entry which was pointing to my own domain in the Zone Editor and that is why I deleted that and added the Zoho MX entries pointing to Zoho servers with the appropriate priority. After that, the mail exchange servers got set to Automatic and I set them to remote mail exchange.

Hello,

I talked to your support but unfortunately, they won't provide me email logs for my server which is absolutely absurd. This forces me to think that Godaddy is purposely blocking my domain specific emails to force me to subscribe to it's own email service.

What is the way forward now?

Community Manager
Community Manager

@danishiqbal. To clarify, our care team should be able to have the logs reviewed to find out if any messages are bouncing or being rejected (on our end) if you can provide them with the details around a suspected bonce/rejection. However, they won't provide you with those logs. If they found there were no rejections from our end, then you'll want to take up the issue with Zoho. 

@JesseW Well, first the support refused to help saying that I am not using the Godaddy emails.

Finally, after pleading for help, they said that the emails are not bouncing from the Godaddy servers and are going out fine.

So, I guess, I will talk to Zoho support now but I still wonder as to why I cannot get the logs of my own server?

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

@danishiqbal - I'm glad they were able to confirm that information for you. Sorry it was so difficult to get them to do it Man Sad

As for server logs, since you're on a shared email platform, it's not really "your" server, though you do have access to use it. This is one of the reasons why logs are not available without a legal request. I would indeed suggest conferring with Zoho and letting them know we've gotten no rejection messages on our end when trying to send messages. 

Hello, thank you for helping me with this.

Just wanted to know by "Legal Request", do you mean a request through the court of law or something else?

Community Manager
Community Manager

@danishiqbal That is correct. I wouldn't be able to advise what the actual process is, but you can review our Terms of Service here if you wish. 

Okay, thank you