cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Created GoDaddy website, but want to keep using my Yahoo Small Business e-mail

I recently created a GoDaddy hosted website to replace my Yahoo Small Business site.  My domain name is registered at NameSecure.  Once I changed the DNS at NameSecure to point to my GoDaddy site, my Yahoo Small Business e-mail stopped working.  I thought that I just needed to change the MX settings on my GoDaddy account to the Yahoo settings.  However, the GoDaddy DNS settings page will not accept the Yahoo settings (mx1.biz.mail.yahoo.com & mx5.biz.mail.yahoo.com).  I would like to continue using the Yahoo Small Business e-mail, as everyone in my business is already set up with it.  What do I need to do to accomplish this?

2 REPLIES 2
RD3
Former Employee
Solution

Re: Created GoDaddy website, but want to keep using my Yahoo Small Business e-mail

Hi @RunFitSports1,

Welcome to the Community!

You should be able to continue using your email with your current provider by updating your MX records. If you have confirmed the DNS is hosted with us, you will need to add "@" as the host and the record (mx1.biz.mail.yahoo.com & mx5.biz.mail.yahoo.com) in the points to section.  You will need to create two records and remove any other MX records. The guide here:  https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-an-mx-record-19234 explains how to do this. If you continue to receive an error, please provide the exact error you're seeing.

RD3 - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: Created GoDaddy website, but want to keep using my Yahoo Small Business e-mail

Hi,

I have the same issue , my domain and website both under godaddy.. and I want to integrate it with yahoo small business for  my emails.. just to clarify if i will just add this mx entries (mx1.biz.mail.yahoo.com & mx5.biz.mail.yahoo.com)  to my server? Thats it? whats the priority should i put for both entries? 0,10,20? Thanks