cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Disassociate Godaddy domain and Email for use with onmicrosoft.com

Are there go-daddy docs to assist customers in:

disassociate godaddy email from godaddy tenant

migrate/reconfigure email for use in other CSP environments like ".onmicrosoft.com"

migrate email back to godaddy when onmicrosoft tenant expires

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
PL281
Super User IV

@ThtGrlDiana 

I'm not sure I follow your question - but in theory all you should have to do is update the MX record to point to your email provider (I believe Office 365)

The onmicrosoft.com is designed to be a temp URL / domain so that you can test / get things setup before you point your domain to the system

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

DAVENUG
Getting Started

It's a Two step process, update the MX record via GoDaddy, then in Exchange Add your domain  when setting it up.

Also there is a migration tool that allows you you get all the old GoDaddy emails and move them to Exchange\\

Move mailboxes between on-premises and Exchange Online organizations in hybrid deployments | Microso...

D

2 REPLIES 2
PL281
Super User IV

@ThtGrlDiana 

I'm not sure I follow your question - but in theory all you should have to do is update the MX record to point to your email provider (I believe Office 365)

The onmicrosoft.com is designed to be a temp URL / domain so that you can test / get things setup before you point your domain to the system

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

DAVENUG
Getting Started

It's a Two step process, update the MX record via GoDaddy, then in Exchange Add your domain  when setting it up.

Also there is a migration tool that allows you you get all the old GoDaddy emails and move them to Exchange\\

Move mailboxes between on-premises and Exchange Online organizations in hybrid deployments | Microso...

D