cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Hell

Hello. I bought a domain with a .org extension. I set up the webmail and was good to go. A week later, I bought the same domain with a .com extension. I'm trying to get the email setup on my computer. It works only on my phone. email.[domain].com isn't working. It doesn't resolve via DNS at all. email.[domain].org works and takes me to an Office365 login. When I navigate the guts of my GoDaddy account/options, I am able to select my .com email account and select login. Unfortunately it takes me to the .org account. HELP. GoDaddy currently has a 228-minute wait time (what a joke). 

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hello @BrianaVA and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. During this unprecedented time GoDaddy Support Guides are working from home and at times there may be longer wait times than normal. 

Just to make sure I understood correctly, you purchased a .org domain with Office 365 which works fine with no issues and later a .com domain with Office 365 which only works on mobile not desktop? Do you have an Office 365 account per domain? Do you mind sharing your domain name or a screenshot of your domain name settings for the .com domain?

As far as troubleshooting the issue:

• You mentioned trying to login through your account with a web browser, try using incognito/private browser to login to your .com email. The .org may be caching on the browser you are using.
  •  MX recordsAdd / Edit / Delete.

Please let me know if I misunderstood your question, I want to help assist you as best as I can.