cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain has exceeded the max emails per hour

Hello,

I'm getting this error message while trying to send emails.

Domain ** has exceeded the max emails per hour (2/1 (200%)) allowed. Message discarded.

What could have caused such problem? And how can I solve it.

Thanks.

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
New

Re: Domain has exceeded the max emails per hour

we are not able to send emails from last 12 days and got returned email .

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a temporary error. The following address(es) deferred:

recivername@gmail.com
    Domain mydomain.com has exceeded the max emails per hour (1/1 (100%)) allowed. 
Message will be reattempted later

i called 9 times to call center till now to resolve this issue.  first three times call center updated my domain DNS records and told me that it will be resolved within 48 hours  but the problem is same after that call center told me to change passwords for emails. i did immedaity. next time i was told to change whole password and scan for websites for malicious content . i changed again ALL EMAIL PASSOWRDS, ALL DATABASE PASSWORDS, HOSTING PASSWORD, CPANEL PASSWORD, FTP PASSWORDS, I REMOVED ALL WEBSITES FROM THE HOSTING due to if any of the site has malicious content. Still the same issue emails is not going, call center is now not replying properly.

Employee
Employee

It looks like you've already been provided with the steps you needed to take to get the restriction lifted.

The only way to get the restriction lifted is through hosting support phones.

New

Dear BenWTF ,

Thanks for your reply but still Call center dont want to do it from last 4 days . Please help me i am very old GoDaddy user and dont want to switch i love Godaddy Please dont push me out!

Any help?

Helper II

Quick question, how many Relays have you set up on your addresses? I believe you are allowed 250 per address, try setting it up to a higher #. You show 2/1 @ 200% which sort of shows you have it set at 1.

Helper II

Quick question, how many Relays have you set up on your addresses? I believe you are allowed 250 per address, try setting it up to a higher #. You show 2/1 @ 200% which sort of shows you have it set at 1.

Correction: 250 per domain.

My emails are on CPanel hosting, and my plan is Ultimate Linux Hosting with cPanel.

Does this settings still apply to me since I don't have a server? Because I can't seem to find the Workspace option.

Tried to contact GoDaddy support but all they can say is change your passwords and use captcha on contact forms. (Which I have done)

Helper II

I wish I could answer you with more confidence, I'm on the Workspace plans. 

On mine I go to the Products -> Email -> Manage all, it opens and I see all the email addresses I've set up, there I see in the far right column the amount of relays used /amount it is set for (ie 23/250). I would click the address I want to change the settings for and make the changes. I'm not Launching the email address box but editing the settings for the address.

GoDaddy could not help me either...said I had to upgrade to Office 365....the old email wasn't made for business i was told. So I transferred my account off GoDaddy since I talked to 6 people, got 5 answers and none worked!  It was a good run GoDaddy!  But you are no longer able to support me.

Solution

Hi @OmarNajdi, thanks for posting.

That error indicates that sending email from your hosting plan has been limited. This usually happens either when sending email from your server has been abused or spam was detected being sent from your hosting plan. Keep in mind that email accounts setup on your hosting plan share resources with your website, so this could be related to an issue on your website. For example, if you have a contact form on your website and that contact form was spammed by a bot, that could also cause this issue.

To resolve this, you will need to call Support. Support can be reached through any of the numbers on this page:

https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status

DougL can you go into the specifics of what a relay is ? Technically. thanks!

Helper II

Well, from what I recall, it is how many emails you send out. Here is the GD answer...

You can send up to 250 messages per day, per mailbox. Your SMTP relay limit resets once each day, approximately every 24 hours. If you need more than 250 relays for your mailbox, you can purchase additional relay packs (in packs of 50). You can use a maximum of 500 SMTP relays per day, per email account.

Hi GaryA

I've the same problem, my email was hijacked but that was a couple of weeks ago and have reset all passwords, it stopped the same day.

Now I am unable to send more than 1 email an hour?

Tried calling for support, basically spent half an hour on the phone explaining that I do not wish to spend more money, not sure why the basic hosting does not meet my very basic email requirements i.e. send and receive a few emails most days. Petty sure over the years I've been using GoDaddy they never mentioned this before taking my money.

So I've updated my passwords again etc, etc, etc when should I expect to be able to send more than 1 email an hour?

I have the exact issue.

Called godaddy but unable to resolved.

Changed all passwords, scan for viruses on all my systems. Website scanned.

Nothing to address the problem.

To make matter worse I have a support staff via chat who simply do not understand what is my problem. He didn't even have basic IT support knowledge.

The support staff name is Abdul Ateeq. I have the entire conversation screen shot. But there is no way I can email godaddy about it.

I have better success calling go daddy on the phone,

press 3 for tech support then enter the email section and someone should
help you out

I called godaddy 4 times since 15 feb 2019 when the problem first arises.

We sent two emails to two different people. But the issue is not resolved. All godaddy did was ask us to purchase website security for $400++ a year.

I have scanned my website and files on the web server and found no viruses.

I don't think I am the only one facing this issue. They also couldn't tell us which account is the offending one nor the traffic it was sending out.

I reduced the active accounts that is able to send out emails to 3 accounts and we still have this problem. We scanned all our machines and changed all passwords but this problem persisted.

They also ask me to purchase office 365 and also purchase their website security.

i doubt they are interested to solving our problems. The worse is the chat officer named Abdul Ateeq. Either he doesn't understand english or he has no technical knowledge. I have the entire conservation screenshot. I can put it up here if anyone is interested.

that is odd. I have had nothing but good experiences with GoDaddy on the phone.
whats the domain name?
Are you using Office 365? I am, works well.

yeah the tech support is all outsourced, your not getting the best
talent, Godaddy is booming with growth so im sure they are doing the
best they can. The world is changing my friend.

But yeah pick up office 365, it removed alot of minor tech issues i was
dealing with in my business,

dont get the website security though, you can do that yourself.

I have good support response from the call in most of the time. It is the live chat support officer by the name of Abdul Ateed that has issue. Most of the interaction is good with goDaddy. But this particular officer doesn't seems to know basic stuff. I told him my emails can't be sent out and has an error "Domain something.com has exceeded the max emails per hour" and he asked me if I had problem with my domain. I told him the emails exceed the max emails quota per hour and he thought I wanted to increase my email disk space.

I told him I suspended all my users accounts except for 3, he thought my emails problem is due to my suspension. I nearly vomited trying to talk to him.

Update - so tried again and again, the only solution offered was to give them money. They just did not seem interested in sorting out the issue so I sorted it out myself and cancelled my hosting plan with them. Its a shame because I had been more than happy with GoDaddy up until this point but not having basic email available is not acceptable.

Bye bye and good luck to everyone else with this issue.

So whats good about that?

Honestly bud I would stay with GoDaddy.
Name cheap sounds like it would work for  you. I moved all my services
over with GoDaddy because of the service I had at name cheap. I can see
how every company is different for everyone.

Whats good is I can now send and receive more than 1 email every hour.

nice, good job!