cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
navalsaini
Novice

Email DNS settings and SRV record for a site on google cloud app engine?

My domain is purchased on godaddy and the DNS is managed by google app engine. Recently I was trying to setup a professional email account and have not been able to make it work. While rest of the fields easy to setup, there is some confusion about the SRV record. Below are two versions of the SRV record and I want to know which one is correct? Also I would really appreciate some help - it has been a week and so waiting for 48 hours is not the issue here.
Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 11.10.59 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-27 at 8.49.08 PM.png

2 REPLIES 2
navalsaini
Novice

Re: Email DNS settings and SRV record for a site on google cloud app engine?

My solution is to not use godaddy email with google app engine.

Its pretty incompetent of godaddy to no provided a solution that is compatible with google app engine. Their response is to get in touch with google. 

Yep, google is some unknown obscure company and we really cannot provide a proper blog that you can follow. Instead, we ask all our customers to get in touch with google.

jkcn
Novice
Solution

Re: Email DNS settings and SRV record for a site on google cloud app engine?

Hi, I also had this problem. But I got it resolved with some counter-check with my other settings on another service provider.

1. For the TXT record and MX record where it says Name is "@", you shall leave it blank in the DNS name field in the Google Cloud Settings.  

2. For the SRV Records, you also leave the DNS name field blank in the Settings.