cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Email Essentials and Webspace Unlimited Setups

I have several complaints regarding this issue.  

1.  I have been trying to contact email support all day and either the godaddy representatives disconnect the phone line on customers or there is a real problem with godaddy's communication systems.

2.  I bought a unlimited business 5 email address system and I got messages that my account was expiring in 2020 but was really expiring in 2021.  So I bought a 2 year email essentials package.  There was no migration assistance.  Now my website and domain accounts do not send emails to the correct server and the old unlimited package is still in existence but useless.  The person that sold me the email essentials said he would be there on the support line the day of migration and wasn't so I got some entry level support person that didn't do anything but mess op the migration by going into the email essentials locations while the migration was happening which caused additional delays.

3. I need assistance on the migration and why my email from my website is not coming in properly and instead all I am getting is irresponsible staff that hangs up on people.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, but I will wait on GoDaddy to resolve the problem.  I have set my CPanel email settings to forward to the correct email address(s) momentarily to determine if the system is working properly for now.  However, the all accounts should only run to email essentials now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@susanf1 

I am an end user like you so I don't have access to your account - but I'd like to see if I can help you out.

GoDaddy support is working remotely due to COVID-19 and if the employee has an internet issue it maybe disconnect.

That being said - Can you post a screen capture of the products in your account either here or via direct message - also what is your domain name so that I may look at the DNS entries.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thanks, but I will wait on GoDaddy to resolve the problem.  I have set my CPanel email settings to forward to the correct email address(s) momentarily to determine if the system is working properly for now.  However, the all accounts should only run to email essentials now.

View solution in original post

@susanf1 

Ok - not a problem - For the benefit of others who might read this thread....

1) Did GoDaddy offer / did you purchase migration services?

2) In regards to migration - do you define this as just setting up your mailboxes on the

new system or moving email as well??

3) Depending on the platform, this may have required a MX record update in order to point to the new system.

4) If it didn't require an MX record update and just something within the GoDaddy system, then YES GoDaddy would be the only ones who could help with this as it would have to deal with internal mapping within the GoDaddy system

5) I'm not quite sure why your cPanel would have any issues as it should have been configured for remote mail and therefore looking at the MX record for delivery.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Yes, the migration was not done properly due to a number of varying email services still existing.  It is not as simple as moving folders into a new email server.  Not sure about the MX record update, this may have been done but just didn't complete routing for all email servers because the system wasn't aware of them.